Cupcake Decorating - How to Make an Elephant Cupcakes
Cupcake Decorating ~ Cupcake Ideas
Making an elephant cupcake is easy and fun for kids of all ages. Kids love cupcake decorating as in a few simple steps they are able to make something they can recognise, something fun, and, as an added bonus, something they can eat afterwards.
As well as being great for kids decorating cupcakes is also great for adults, as it provides relatively quick and cheap entertainment for your kids / nieces / nephews etc during rainy school holiday afternoons.
Here we're going to look at how to make elephant faces for cupcakes, but further down the page are plenty of links for instructions for other fun animal cupcake ideas such as frogs, pigs, cows and ladybirds.
To get the best results from your cupcake decorating it's important to start with flat topped cupcakes.
Elephant Cupcakes - Instructions
What You'll Need:
1 x Round cutter slightly smaller than your cupcake.
1 x round cutter slightly smaller still (if you don't have this don't worry there is a work around)
Cocktail stick or skewer
Grey sugar paste
White Sugar paste
Pink Sugar paste
Black Sugar paste.
Cooled boiled water.
1. Cover your cupcake in either white sugar paste or butter icing.
2. Roll out the grey sugar paste and using the cutter which is slightly smaller than your cupcake cut out a circle and place it on the centre of your cupcake. NB: If you are placing it onto sugar paste use a dab of cooled boiled water to stick the sugar paste together.
3. Using the smaller cutter cut out 2 circles to use as the ears. If using cutters take the cutter you used to cut the original circle and cut a small piece out of each ear so the ears look like crescent moons. As you've used the same cutter to cut the pieces out as you used to cut out the centre circle the ears will fit perfectly against the side of the elephants face. If you don't have a smaller cutter to use then roll out 2 balls of grey sugar paste and flatten then until you have the desired shape.
4. Roll out a sausage of grey sugar paste roughly the diameter of the centre circle - this is the nose. Stick a small piece of pink sugar paste on one end and using a cocktail stick or skewer make two small holes for nostrils. Then using a knife or cocktail stick make a series of line indents across the nose. Tip the end of the nose up slightly and attach to the cupcake using some cooled boiled water.
5. For the eyes take two small circles of white sugar paste and stick them either side of the nose, then add two small balls of black sugar paste for the eyes.
6. To add a mouth take a small sausage of pink sugar paste and curl it around the edge of the elephants face under the nose.
You should now have one elephant cupcake.
Other Great Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Other Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make and Decorate Cow Cu...
Cupcake decorating is great fun at any age, and having learnt a few simple tecniques it's amazing how easy it is to create great designs such as cow cupcakes. Once you've learnt how to make one...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Ladybird Cupcakes
If you're ever stuck for ideas for how to entertain your kids during school holidays or rainy afternoons then have a go at cupcake decorating.Follow the instructions below to learn how to make these really easy ladybird cupcakes.
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make and Decorate a Pig ...
Decorating Cupcakes is great fun at any age and it's amazing how easy it is to create very effective designs such as animal faces. Follow these instructions to learn how to make Pig Cupcakes
- Cupcake Decorating ~ How To Make Frog Faced Animal C...
Cupcake decorating is fun. It's inexpensive, creative and something the whole family can get involved in. Use these instructions to learn how to make simple frog faced animal cupcakes
- Cake Decorating Flowers - How to Make Sugar Paste Ca...
Calla lilies are some of the most elegant and easy to make cake decorating flowers around. They can be made in a variety of sizes and are suitable for decorating wedding cakes or when used individually, as...
Feeling inspired? Then have a look at some more Cupcake Decorating Books.
More by this Author
Edible glitter turns an ordinary cake into a sparkly, dazzling, glittering masterpiece. Use it to add subtle highlights, or to go completely glam ... edible glitter for cakes is just about the most fun you can have with...
Piping gel opens up a whole new world of fun for cake decorating. Clear or colored it can be used to create amazing affects from castle moats to stained glass windows.
If your cake sinks in the middle when you take it out of the oven, it doesn't mean you can't bake. It just means you need to make a few adjustments. Follow these easy tips to prevent/rescue it.