Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Ladybird Cupcakes
Cupcake Decorating ~ Ladybird Cupcakes
If you're ever stuck for ideas for how to entertain your kids during school holidays or rainy afternoons then have a go at cupcake decorating.
With some very simple techniques you can create some really effective designs ~ plus you have the added advantage of being to eat the cakes afterwards.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to make these really easy ladybird cupcakes. They're great fun and can be made in any colour combination so don't feel you have to restrict yourself to the traditional black and red ~ have fun with them, make them multi-coloured if you like.
To start cover your cupcake in either sugarpaste icing or butter-cream to form a base for the ladybird. The only equipment and items you'll need are the colours for your ladybird cupcake and a round cutter a little smaller than the size of your cupcake ~ if you don't have one and don't want the hassle of going out to buy one get inventive, use the inner cardboard tube from kitchen paper ~ anything round will do.
If you ever have trouble getting your cupcakes to come out of the oven with flat tops the see the 'How to Bake the Perfect Flat Topped Cupcake' link in the 'Useful Info' section below.
How to Make Your Ladybird Cupcakes
1. Roll out some sugarpaste in your first colour and cut out a circle a little smaller than your cupcake.
2. Do exactly the same thing with your second colour ~ then using your cutter, cut a small semi-circle piece from the 2nd colour (to form the face) and stick this onto the full circle of the first colour. Place these onto the centre of your cupcake.
3. Roll a couple of balls of white icing and use for eyes.
4. Roll out a couple of balls of coloured icing and stick onto the eyes to form pupils, the roll around 6 balls of coloured icing and stick to your ladybird to form the spots.
5. Using whatever colour you like give your ladybird a smile.
Other Useful Information and Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- Edible Glitter and Spray for use in Cake Decorating
Nothing glams up a cake as much as the (subtle) use of edible glitter. Widely available and easy to use glitters, lustre's and petal dusting powders can be used to great effect on cakes, turning something...
- Piping Gel - How to Use Piping Gel in Cake Decoratin...
Piping Gel, if you haven't discovered it before, is a way to have a whole new level of fun while cake decorating. Simply put piping gel, or piping jelly as it's also called is a sugar based gel which can be...
- Buy a Princess Cookie Cutter Online
Add enchantment to your baking with a princess cookie cutter. To this day many little girls are enchanted by princesses and the magical world they inhabit, and as a parent you want to make that childhood...
- Buy Train Cookie Cutters Online
Add fun to your baking with train cookie cutters. From when they first learn to talk kids love the 'Choo Choo' of trains. The old fashioned steam train shape applies to both boys and girls and they'll stop...
- How to bake the perfect flat topped cupcake
If your cupcakes emerge the oven looking more like mini volcanos than sponge millponds then I can help - assuming of course you want to bring an end the need to the need for cupcake decapitation. Be warned...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make Elephant Cupcakes
It doesn't matter whether you're four or ninety-four, cupcake decorating is something that can be enjoyed by everyone. Kids love it as in a few simple steps they are able to make recognisable cupcake...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make and Decorate Cow Cu...
Cupcake decorating is great fun at any age, and having learnt a few simple tecniques it's amazing how easy it is to create great designs such as cow cupcakes. Once you've learnt how to make one...
- Cupcake Decorating - How to Make a Pig Faced Animal ...
Decorating Cupcakes is great fun at any age and it's amazing how easy it is to create very effective designs such as animal faces. Follow these instructions to learn how to make Pig Cupcakes
- Cupcake Decorating ~ How To Make Frog Faced Animal C...
Cupcake decorating is fun. It's inexpensive, creative and something the whole family can get involved in. Use these instructions to learn how to make simple frog faced animal cupcakes
More by this Author
Piping gel opens up a whole new world of fun for cake decorating. Clear or colored it can be used to create amazing affects from castle moats to stained glass windows.
Make a christening cake truly special with these ideas for simple sugar paste chistening cake decorations that anyone can make.
If your cake sinks in the middle when you take it out of the oven, it doesn't mean you can't bake. It just means you need to make a few adjustments. Follow these easy tips to prevent/rescue it.