Curried Chicken Salad Recipe-Deliciously Good!
Curried Chicken Salad
Try Something Different Today!
You will be in for a treat with this recipe for Curried Chicken Salad. It is different, but in a yummy way. Serve on a bed of fresh greens with crackers or homemade bread and fresh fruit. In a hurry, grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store!
- 3 Chicken breast, Cooked, bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 cup Seedless grapes, Halved
- 1 Scallion, Finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecans, Toasted, chopped coarsely
Let's Get Cooking Now!
Gather all your ingredients before you start your recipe! I learned this from experience! Hunting for a ingredient and oh no, you don't have it! Sometimes you can substitute an ingredient in a recipe, but not always.
Now let's get this delicious Curried Chicken Salad started!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Arrange chicken breasts skin-side up on baking sheet.
- Coat with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until done. Let cool.
- In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise, curry powder, sour cream, salt, and honey to make dressing.
- After chicken cools, remove skin and take meat off bones.Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Taste, adjust seasoning to your desired flavor.
Tips For Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
Baking gives your chicken salad a lot more flavor than boiling!
May add a pinch of cayenne pepper to kick it up a notch
You may use 1/2 cups salted cashews in place of pecans.
You may change fruits around, apples and pineapple is also delicious in this chicken salad!
What is Curry Powder?
Curry powder is a spice used in Indian cooking. It is a mixture of different spices. It is available in store or you can use a homemade recipe.
Homemade Curry Powder Recipe
There are many recipes for homemade curry powder, some do not have the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. It just depends on your preference in flavors.
4 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
1 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 to 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, whole
1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon whole cardamon seed, without pods
1/2-inch stick cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves, whole
1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
Place all the ingredients in a blender, blend the spices until it becomes a fine powder. Put into an airtight storage container. Store in a cool place. This makes about 1/4 cup, if you want to cut down on amount, just make half of the recipe! Homemade is always better!
Do you like curry powder?
Do you like th flavor of curry powder in food?See results without voting
Lighter And Spicier Chicken Salad Recipe
Baked Chicken Breast
Tips about cooking chicken!
Baking or roasting your chicken give it a lot more flavor than boiling. Make sure you season the chicken well.
I have an Instant Pot Pressure cooker and it cooks fast and delicious, can fix frozen or thawed chicken in 15 minutes.
Store bought rotIsserie chicken is awesome when you are short on time, speeds up prep time a lot!
Rate This Recipe!
Check Out These Yummy Recipes!
- Recipes for Family Fish Theme Night Meals
Theme nights are fun for the family! Check out these delicious fish, sides and dessert recipes to plan your Family Fish Theme Night!
- Recipes for Mexican Theme Night Meals
Meals are getting a little boring at your house, try planning a Mexican Theme Night Meal. I have some great Mexican recipes for you to plan a meal.
- Lovers of Chocolate Recipes Galore
Lovers of chocolate, I have recipes galore to satisfy your chocolate sweet tooth! Cookies, cakes, pies, and chocolate coated bacon! Yes I said bacon!
- Pack a Back to School Lunch Box Your Kids Will Eat!
Back to school lunch box suggestions for your kids. Pick the foods your kids will eat from these great list of choices! Get your kids involved in selecting their favorites for their lunch box!
- Savory and Sweet Hot Roll Recipes!
This collection of roll recipes are some of my favorites. Some are made with yeast, oatmeal, refrigerator biscuits or crescent roll. Let's make a batch!
Instant Pot Pressurer Cooker! Love it!
Instant Pot Pressurer Cooker, My Most Used Kitchen Appliance!
I have owned an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker for over a year now! It replaces so many other kitchen appliances. I just made spaghetti and it was delicious, all ingredients in one pot in 10 minutes!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
Here is a collections of some of my favorite Savory Summer Salad Recipes, from cucumbers to okra! Pick your favorite!
Fruits salads may be an appetizer, a side dish or a dessert! All of the recipes are keepers for your recipe box! Check out these delicious sweet salads!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!