Curry Recipes - Authentic Lamb Bhuna Recipe
This lamb bhuna recipe which is authentic and cooked by curry lovers all over the world.
This curry recipe is very simple to cook and also very enjoyable.
Lamb Bhuna is a very traditional style of curry that is very popular among curry lovers. It is quick and simple to make, and can be eaten with rice, chapati or naan bread.
If there is ant leftovers, it can be refrigerated, but must be eaten within 2 days. It can also be frozen.
Ingredients for Lamb Bhuna
- 800g Diced Lean Lamb Steak On the bone is tastier)
- 1 Cup/300ml Water or Lamb Stock
- 2 White onions finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoon ginger puree (Blended from fresh)
- 2 Teaspoons garlic puree (Blended from fresh)
- 2 Sliced garlic cloves
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon
- 2 Bayleaf
- Couple of whole star anise
- 6 Cardommom cloves
- Handful of finely chopped coriander
- Teaspoon of salt
- 200g Olive/Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 Teaspoons Curry Powder (mild or normal)
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Massala Powder
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped into 4 pieces each
This Lamb Bhuna recipe serves 4 people
1. Heat a large saucepan on a high heat and add the oil
2. When oil is slightly hot turn heat down to medium, add the onions, the diced lamb, the salt, bayleaf, cardommom, garlic cloves and star anise
3. Keep stirring until onions have caramelised and put the lid on the pan with very slow gas for about 10 minutes, stirring every two minutes
4. After meat has gone slightly pale add all the spices (except coriander) and mix the spices in to the meat, do this gently and slowly
5. After that add the water. You may want to add slightly more water because what you put in will dry out slightly
6. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 20 Minutes. Stir occasionally.
Finally, garnish with the coriander, 2 diced Tomatoes and then serve.
The cooking process should take you about 45 minutes to an hour, because the slower you cook it, the better it will turn out.
Make sure you have everything prepared beforehand.
(You can take out the whole spices you put in like bayleaf, cardamom, star anise. It’s not nice biting on one of them!)
Curry Recipes to Buy
More Indian Recipes
- Spicy Tuna Fish With Scrambled Eggs Recipe
It's usually beans on toast for me when the missus is miles away from the kitchen. One day i came home at my lunch time from work and as i sat there watching the news on television, i started getting hungrier and hungrier. What could i do? The...
- Homemade Recipes - How To Make Homemade Mango Lassi ...
Mango Lassi is one of the most popular fruit drinks for Asians. If you go to a restaurant you will be offered this famous refreshing fresh drink. Mango Lassi is made fresh and can be sweetened to your requirements with added sugar or honey. This...
- Original Indian Onion Chutney Recipe For Papadums
This is a quick and easy online onion chutney recipe for people who want to save time and money by making their own at home. The original onion chutney recipe is used at majority of Indian restaurants and take aways in UK is now available for you to.
- How To Make Omelette - Quick and Easy Indian Omelett...
This is a very unique Indian omelette recipe which is a very quick and easy recipe to cook and follow. The simplest omelet recipe you will find anywhere on the web, and a simple Indian one too!
- How to Make Indian Spiced/Spicy Tea or Chai
Indian tea is very popular amongst Asian Communities. It is very good for you, with all the nutrients of the spices. Tea is grown in India, Bangladesh and many other countries and exported worldwide. So many countries have so many special tasting...
- Recipe for Indian Onion Salad/Chutney/Dips for Poppa...
Everyone loves Indian onion salad or chutney with their poppadoms to enjoy the fresh, crisp taste of onions, cucumbers and garden mint. You have come to the right place for a simple and easy online recipe on how to make Indian onion salad or chutney.
More by this Author
This is a quick and easy online onion chutney recipe for people who want to save time and money by making their own at home
This is an Indian recipe for the best Chicken Kebabs around. This is my own unique Indian Chicken Kebab recipe for the best taste and flavour!
How to make Indian onion chutney for poppadoms that you buy from Indian takeaways. Quick and easy recipe for onion chutney/salad/dip for poppadoms.