Pokaras are the very special and popular dish of Pakistan. In the month of Ramadan the dish of Pokaras is the part of every home. Means it is impossible to do if tar without pokaraz. These are not only good in taste but also provide vitamins and carbohydrates to human body. There are the different types of pokaras ; chicken pokaras, minced meat pokaras and potato pokaras but here I would like to share vegetable pokaras which are good for health.
Preparation time 45 minutes
Serve 5 to 6 persons
- 2 cups gram flour
- 2 medium size onions
- 3 green chills
- Half bunch of spring onions
- ½ teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 medium size capsicums
- 1 medium size of cabbage
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of rd chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon of white cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- Oil for deep frying
- STEP 1
- Add all the spices in gram flour and add water gradually to make a thick paste.
- Mix it well
- Add water according to the requirement
- Leave the paste for 20 minutes.
- STEP 2
- Cut all the vegetables in cubs and chop the coriander.
- Step 3
- Add all the vegetables in the gram flour paste with a table spoon of oil. Mix it well.
- Step 4
- Heat the oil on low flame. Than add the mixture with a table spoon like cookies one by one. You can also use your hands for this purpose.
- Step 5
- Fry them on low heat
- Fry them until they get golden brown.
SERVE POKARAZ WITH CURD CHATNI
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 2 green chilies
- Half bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- 1 cup of fresh yogurt
Grind well mint, coriander and green chilies. Add salt in curd and mix the grinded ingredients. Mix it well.SERVE POKARAS WITH THIS CURD CHATNI. AND ENJOY YOUR EVENING TEA.
More by this Author
A paper has more patience than people.A little piece of paper can make this world eternal;because paper is eternal.