DIY Homemade Soybean Milk
8 oz Soybeans
4 oz water
Large pot for Boiling
Strainer or Mesh Cheesecloth Bag
- Soak Beans overnight. This is preparation for easy blending of the beans for a smoother soy milk.
- Blend the beans in the blender by adding about half amount of water as your soybeans. Example, 8 oz soybeans = 4 oz water. Blend for about 3-5 Minutes
- Strain the "bean juice" using the cheese cloth bag. Repeat process about 2-3 more times reducing the amount of water added as the bean juice is more diluted. Stop adding water when the color of the soy milk turns into a milky clear white color.
- Boil the bean juice on the stove on medium high heat . Take out any impurities that float to the top. Make sure you constantly monitor and stir to prevent burning the soy milk. You can add sugar if you would like.
*TIP: Start by adding about1/2 cup of sugar. You can always add more if it is not sweet enough*
- Remove from heat once the soy milk boils and let it cool down a little bit before serving.
No comments yet.