Thanksgiving recipe : Daddy's Real Corn, Cornbread
What do you do when your wife is running errands well into dinner time? What do you do when your 15 year old decides he doesn't want to eat pork anymore? Most of all, what do you do when you have leftover shredded carrots from last week's Carrot Cake dessert?
Well, first of all, you don't wait for your wife -- you cook!. Second, you find other meat alternatives. In our family we've discovered Turkey Chops, but in this case, tasty Chicken Sausage. And as for the leftover carrots ... Since cornbread seems to taste a little better with whole kernel corn mixed in and cake tastes kind of nifty with carrots in it ... What if we mix the corn and the carrots inside of the cornbread? If nothing else, it'll sure enough look pretty.
- 2-3 eggs
- a sprinkle or 2 shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- negotiable cooking oil
- 1 box favorite brand of corn bread mix
- Follow basic box instructions, including heating oven and greasing baking pan. Set pan in the oven in order for the oil to heat up.
- I like to use eggs in my mix, because I like how they add to the mixture. As well, I use milk to get that cake consistency.
- Pour can of corn into the mixture. Sprinkle shredded carrots as well to your own personal taste. Stir all of this together, in order to even out the extra ingredients. Sprinkle sugar for a sweeter taste.
- Once baking pan is hot, pour mixture and place back in the oven. Approximately 30 minutes. But the object of the game is to get a golden brown color, as well as cooking all the way through. May be moist from the corn. Use your own discretion.
TruSoulDJ is a self proclaimed expert on all things trivial to the Mainstream. He is an avid classic comic book reader, non popular music lover and tv-show-on-dvd binge watcher who shops the clearance racks near and far to find the best deals. He would like to think he knows everything important within the realm of Pop culture. But in actuality, he only knows about 99.9 percent of what he thinks he knows.
More by this Author
How many Contemporary Christian artists can you name that grow up on soulful acts like the Winans, Crystal Lewis and Jon Gibson? Who appreciates the musical production talents of Jam & Lewis and L.A. & Babyface?...
There's nothing like a good, thoughtful slow jam to mellow you out after a long and stressful day at work. Play and read.
Ryan Jasper may have gone after the wrong woman this time -- Aja Jessup from Human Resources.
No comments yet.