Dark Chocolate Cake With Rich Chocolate Frosting/Icing Recipe
I Love Chocolate!
I believe many would say the same thing. But until recently, I did not know that not all chocolates are created equal. I read studies that "dark" chocolate contains cocoa phenols which have shown to lower blood pressure. Not to mention it is rich in anti-oxidants which help fight free radicals, destructive molecules which contribute to heart disease and other ailments.
Ingredients: Dark Chocolate Cake
2 cups cake flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold brewed coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Ingredients: Rich Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup butter-softened,no substitutes
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans or one 9x13 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine flour,baking powder,salt,soda,cocoa,and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs,coffee,buttermilk,vanilla,and oil.
- Mix until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let layers set for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream butter.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar,cocoa, and vanilla.
- Add milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost the cake.
More by this Author
Generally, this error message is caused by the malfunction of non user-replaceable parts within your printer. NOTE: It is highly recommended that if your printer is still within its one-year warranty period (from the...
R.A. 8484 Is All About Faking Cards! Section 3. Definition of Terms. (b) Counterfeit Access Device (c) Unauthorized Access Device (d) Access Device Fraudulently Applied For (g) Device Making or Altering Equipment It is...