Decadent Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
Mac and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese is an American staple. Children and adults love it and it is so easy to make. Even the ads for Mac and Cheese are beloved. So getting your chefs hat on and get to rocking the best Mac and Cheese your family has ever chowed down on. There are many variations on this dish, from low-fat to rich and decadent. I prefer the decadent version. Here are a few ideas on how to make the best yet!
Difficulty:Moderately Easy-You can substitute almost any kind of cheese. You can also substitute low-fat ingredients if you so choose.
- 1 10x13 oval casserole dish
- 2-3 sprays Non-stick spray vegetable oil 1 lb of medium
- 1 lb medium shells or elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cans chedder cheese soup
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese (medium sharp)
- 16 oz block cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
|Serving size: 1/2 cup|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 23 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 12 g||24%|
|Cholesterol 23 mg||8%|
|Sodium 24 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- In a 6 qt. saucepot, boil 4 qts. of water. Add the salt and olive oil to the water. When it comes to a boil, add the macaroni. While the macaroni, is cooking assemble all other ingredients and spray the casserole dish with the non-stick spray. Cut the block of sharp cheddar into thin slices for easy melting.
- When the macaroni is tender, drain the water from it and pour the macaroni into the casserole dish. Add the entire stick of butter and stir until the butter is melted. Open both cans of the cheddar soup and add to the macaroni. Stir well. Next, add the sliced cheddar and the shredded cheese, leaving just a little for the topping.
- When you have added all the cheese to the macaroni, spread a layer of breadcrumbs across the top and a few dollops of soft butter (margarine). Then, add a layer of shredded cheese and a few slices of the sliced cheese. Bake in a 350* oven until the top is golden brown, about an hour.
More by this Author
Women need a place to unwind, without worrying who may be there observing them. Pearl's Rainbow may be just the place. I had some of the best times of my life while staying there.
As far as developing their personality and the ability to bond to other people,the most important time in a baby's life is between birth and two years of age.
Selling life insurance is not the easiest of jobs. It takes a certain skill set along with a little charisma.