A Good Appertizer For Holiday "Thai Spring Rolls (Paw Pia Thawt) Recipe"
Thai spring rolls (Pa pia thawt) are available and on the menu in any Thai restaurant. It is very popular appetizer in Thailand and also other countries. Surprisingly, this recipe is not difficult, so try and make it yourself to be as delicious as in a restaurant. This recipe can be made vegetarian with Tofu, or baby shrimp if you prefer.
I recommend this recipe, if you are looking for an appetizer for your next party. Why? Because I believe your guests will really appreciate the crunchy spring roll outside and the flavour of all the veggies and meat inside. You know, when you dip the spring roll in the chili sauce and put into your month, you will feel amazing!
So let's give it a try and you will find out that I am not lying you.
150 grams spring roll sheet (about 24 sheets)
100 grams mung bean noodle (already soaked)
100 grams minced pork or chicken
50 grams shredded cabbage
30 grams shredded carrot
50 grams dried ear mushroom, soaked until tender and finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped coriander root
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 cups cooking oil, for deep-frying
10 grams crushed red spur chili
120 grams sugar
50 ml vinegar
1. Mix vinegar, sugar, salt and chilies together, simmer over medium heat until hot (if you don't want to make it, you can pick chili sauce from the asia market).
2. Soak the noodles for 15 minutes or until soft, drain and cut into short lengths. Mix the pork or chicken, egg, cabbage, carrot, mushrooms, ground black pepper light soy sauce and sugar together. Add 100 grams of noodle, and mix well.
3. Pound coriander roots and garlic finely to obtain a smooth paste. Saute' them in 3 tbsp of oil until golden and fragrant, add the pork and noodle mixture. Stir until it becomes fairy dry, remove and allow to cool.
How to fold spring rolls?
4. Spread a spring rool sheet on th flat surface, place 2 tbsp of the filling in the center, fold both sides of the sheet to cover the filling and roll tightly, seal the wrapper with the thick battter. Preheat the oil over medium-low heat until hot. Deep-fry spring rolls until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
Tip: The thick batter is made from 2 tbsp of wheat flour and 1/4 cup of water. Stir over low heat until the batter is done and clear, remove from the heat.
5. Arrange on a serving dish, garnish with red spur chili and sweet basil. Serve hot with chili sauce.
More by this Author
In the Thai chronical had recorded Thai Royal Food that begining before Ayuthaya still a metropolitan of Thailand. The golden era of culture brought to many revolution and development of Thai food. This time...
Thai flower dumpling is a challenging Thai cuisine recipe as it needs a little bit of artistic ability and perseverance. I think you can tell by the way why I am telling you this and as you see the above picture. Many...
Thai food is well known around the world because of its taste,nutrition and containing small amount of fat. Many researchers found that Thai food provides high nutrition with health benefits. In the past, before the...