Delicious Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake
Please Vote In Our Poll
Is Cheesecake your favorite dessert?See results without voting
The History Of Cheesecake
I bet you didn't know that cheesecake was already popular in Greece before the Romans ever invaded and when they did they spread cheesecake all over the Roman Empire. Because you see Cheesecake was a favorite food of the Romans and Cleopatra and Mark Anthony were always having cheesecake made. Her favorite was strawberry cheesecake. I'll have to say I was amazed when I discovered that cheesecake went back that far.
Then in 1912 James Kraft invented a pasteurized cream cheese and then everyone could make delicious creamy cheesecakes. In 1928 Kraft bought the Philadelphia brand and that's where we ended up with Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Almost all cheesecakes made in the United States today use cream cheese as their base however in Italy ricotta cheese is the cheese most often used for cheesecake.
Almond Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
Here were going to make a delicious Almond Graham Cracker Crust for our Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake. Your really going to need a food processor to make this crust. What you want to do is take all of the below ingredients and add them to your food processor and puree very smooth.
1. One Cup Butter softened to room temperature.
2. One Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds.
3. One Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs.
You will want to use your food processor to puree your graham crackers into fine powder. You will also want to puree your almonds.
Be sure that you butter the bottom and sides of the spring form pan before you put the crust into it.
When you have your almonds and graham crackers pureed you'll want to put all three ingredients in the food processor and mix it all smooth. Now take the mixture and pat it out smooth on the bottom and sides of a nine inch spring form pan. I guarantee you that this will be one of the best graham cracker crusts you've ever tasted. The almonds are the secret to this delightful crust.
Again let me caution you not to make your crust for this cheesecake until your ready to put the cheesecake together. This is very important so that your crust doesn't dry out.
Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake Recipe
Here were going to make a delicious Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake that I bet you can't eat just one piece of. Its one of the best cheesecakes you'll ever eat. Blueberries have always been one of my favorite foods and I've worked for years at coming up with the best recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake ever.
You will want to follow the above recipe and make as many graham cracker crusts as you want but don't make them until you need them.
Ingredients You'll Need For Your Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake
1. One And A Half Pounds Cream Cheese.
2. Five Large Eggs
3. One And One Third Cups White Granulated Sugar.
4. Sixteen Ounces Sour Cream.
5. One Fourth Cup Flour.
6, One Tablespoon Vanilla Extract.
7. One Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice.
Directions For Putting Together Your Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake.
1. Make your crust and set aside.
2. All the ingredients for your cheesecake need to be at room temperature when you get ready to put your cheesecakes together.
3. You can make this with out a stand mixer but you really need one.
4. Start by beating your cream cheese until light and fluffy.
5. If your using a stand mixer keep it on low throughout the entire process of putting your cheesecake together.
6. You'll want to add your sugar a little at a time and keep mixing until you have it all mixed in.
7. Now you will want to add an egg at a time with the mixer running.
8. Now you'll want to add the flour, lemon juice, and vanilla.
9. Now add the sour cream.
10. Now you want to put a generous layer of your blueberry pie filling on top of the crust you have in the spring form pan. You want it about an inch deep.
11. Now you want to carefully pour your mixed up cheesecake mixture into the spring form pan. When you get all the mixture in smooth out the top and shake the pan slightly to settle everything.
12. Place on the top rack of a pre-heated 325 degree oven. Bake for one hour and twelve minutes and then turn the oven off and leave the door open for another hour.
13. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it set at room temperature for one hour.
14. Put your cheesecake in the oven overnight.
When your ready to put your cheesecake together and serve it you'll want to carefully remove it from the spring form pan and put it on a cake stand. or cake plate. Take the blueberry filling you have left over and mix it with your blueberries. Carefully pour and spread the blueberry mixture out over the top of the cheesecake and you just created the best Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake that you'll ever eat.
Caution On Oven Temperature
If your going to be doing baking be sure that your ovens temperature is correct. The best way to do this is by buying and installing a heavy duty oven thermometer in the center of your oven. This way you'll know if your oven is cooking at the temperature you set on the dial.
Be sure that you follow the directions carefully for making this cheesecake so that it will turn out perfect for you. The oven temperature and leaving the cake in the oven with the door open for the hour is important. But be sure to keep your eye on your cheesecake and make sure it doesn't overcook or burn. Some ovens cool faster than others but if you'll leave it in the oven for an hour your cheesecake should turn out perfect.
I love the fact that this cheesecake has blueberries on the bottom and top of it. With the almond graham cracker crust this is one of the best cheesecakes you'll ever eat. Everyone I've ever served it to says that it's the best cheesecake they have ever ate.
I want to thank you for reading my Hub Page and I hope there is a Blueberry Double Layer Cheesecake in your future real soon. I hope you have a nice day.
More by this Author
If you add just a little something extra to a package of blueberry muffin mix, you'll end up with far better muffins. Here are 15 ways to jazz up that blueberry muffin mix. Just follow the directions on the package and...
Over the years I have tried to become a great biscuit cook also and it has been a long journey to get to the point where I was happy with the biscuits I produced. And at the same time I was trying to come up with a...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.