Delicious Collection of Fruitcake Recipes
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
I remember when my mom started making fruit cakes for the Christmas holidays. She started the process long before the holidays. I I recall she would pour wine over them every now and then and kept them in the cupboard, I do not remember what kind of container she kept them in, probably a tin.
This collection of fruit cake recipes includes Orange, Applesauce, and Easy Fruit Cake. These recipes are easy and delicious and make great gifts for the holidays.
- 2 pounds dates, chopped
- 2-14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 pounds pecan halves
- 1/2 pound candied cherries, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups coconut
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl; mix dates, pecan halves, cherries, sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, and coconut.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Put a pan of water on lower shelf of the oven.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and 30 minutes or until done
- If the cake brown too fast; cover with foil. Excellent for freezing.
Orange Fruit Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind or 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- In a large bowl cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat the mixture until creamy.
- Add soda to buttermilk; add to mixture.
- Add the flour to the mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the dates, coconut, and pecans.
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for one hour and ten minutes.
Ingredients For Icing
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
Instructions For Icing
- Stir together confectioner's sugar and orange juice, drizzle over hot cake.
Fruit Cake Recipe
Applesauce Fruit Cake Recipe
- 1-12 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 pound dates, chopped
- 2 cup nuts
- 2 cup applesauce
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco shortening or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider juice or wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 10-inch tube pan, grease the bottom, line with parchment paper, then grease paper.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, Crisco shortening or margarine beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat the mixture together.
- Sift together; flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredient alternately to the creamed mixture with apple cider juice or wine.
- Add applesauce, cherries, dates, raisins and nuts. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and 15 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes clean.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack upright, remove the pan and paper.and remove pan and parchment paper.
- Cool completely.
More Great Recipes For The Holidays!
- Homemade Fresh-From-The-Oven Cookie Recipes | Delishably
Tasty homemade cookie recipes, fresh from the oven! Select from lemon, shortbread, oatmeal, peanut butter chocolate kisses and brown sugar Christmas cookies with cream cheese frosting!
- All-Time Favorite Homemade Christmas Candy Recipes | Delishably
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!
- Christmas Food Recipes For Holiday Gatherings And Gifts
The holiday are for parties, gatherings and gift-giving! I have recipes for a cranberry cake and scones, candies, gingerbread, eggnog and wassail. Let's get in the kitchen and start cooking!
- DIY Homemade Food Gift Recipes-Holidays Or Any Occasion
Need a gift for someone, give a homemade food gift, we all love to eat! The Christmas holiday or any occasion is a wonderful time to give a food gift to the person that has everything!
More by this Author
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
Check out these delicious, elegant, and easy recipes. Favorites are red velvet, gooey butter, oatmeal, Italian cream, carrot, and earthquake German chocolate! Peek inside and find one you like!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!