Delicious Creamy Dip For Fruit Recipe
Cream cheese, sour cream, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla combine wonderfully in this recipe to take the sweetness of fruit to a whole new level! This delicious creamy dip for fruit takes less than 20 minutes to make, and it's bound to disappear nearly as fast!
- 8 ounces dairy sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit
- a measuring cup
- a measuring spoon
- an electric mixer
- a dip bowl
- a serving platter
- With an electric mixer set on low speed, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth.
- Gradually beat in the sour cream until it is combined with the cream cheese.
- Gradually stir in the milk, brown sugar and vanilla until the mixture reaches an ideal dipping consistency.
- Transfer to a dip bowl, cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Place the dip bowl on the center of your serving platter. Surround the dip attractively with an assortment of fresh fruit dippers. (See Quick Tips below Nutrition Facts)
|Serving size: 1 Tbsp of dip|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 7 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- To quickly soften your cream cheese: Remove it from it's original foil wrapping, and wrap with plastic wrap. Submerge in a bowl of hot tap water for 5 minutes or so.
- Small fruits such as blueberries and grapes will not need to be sliced, cutting down your prep time a bit.
- Be sure to take a look at some of the other delicious dip recipes here on Hub Pages.
More by this Author
If you like Alfredo sauce as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe! This is the absolute best Alfredo sauce recipe you will ever find. This delicious pasta sauce is so simple to make, and takes only about...
Turkey Fryers are not limited to just frying whole turkeys. I am always finding new ways to use my turkey fryer for all kinds of recipes. Below are 5 great turkey fryer recipes that I think you'll enjoy. A...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.