Microwave Recipe: Easy Step By Step Asian-style Steamed Fish or Mahi Mahi
Fish In The Microwave: Healthy and Delicious
I know it sounds unlikely, but this microwaved fish recipe is absolutely delicious.
It has really delicate flavors, and comes out tasting like a dish you could order in a nice restaurant. You will be amazed by how extraordinary this light and moist and healthy fish dish is, and you will really appreciate how embarrasingly simple it is.
Inexpensive sake at the grocery store
Ingredients for Microwave Fish Recipe
To make this dish, you will need:
- 1 piece of a thick, white fish. Sea bass works well; so does halibut. I have even made it with mahi mahi. Get as large a piece of fish as you need to feed everyone at your table.
- Sake (Any cheap, dry sake will do. This does not need expensive!)
- Grated ginger
- Grated lemon peel
- Grated garlic
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Toasted sesame seed oil (optional)
- Green onions
- Fresh pepper
Step by Step Instructions To Make Asian Style Fish in the Microwave
This is the simplest, foolproof way to steam fish for diner.
- Place your piece of fish in a glass Pyrex dish.
- Pour sake around the fish until it comes about one-third of the way up the said of the fish. Do not submerge the fish.
- Grate a little fresh ginger, fresh lemon peel and fresh garlic over the fish.
- Sprinkle pepper on the fish.
- Optional: add a teaspoon of soy sauce to the sake, and a drop of sesame oil for added flavor.
- Cover the tightly with Saran wrap.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Check for doneness. Keep microwaving in 30 second bursts until the fish is cooked through, or cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh scallions and serve.
More by this Author
Why stay true to a boring cornbread mix recipe? It's easy to add some fresh ingredients to make a cornbread mix tastier and closer to homemade.
Learn how to make easy-to-freeze egg cups for a healthy, diet-friendly breakfast on the go. Start your day right and lose weight!
Easy tips, recipes and recommendations to eliminate foul cat pee odors.