Delicious Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
I love baking. A few Christmases ago, I decided that I would bake cookies as a surprise for my husband’s fire department. It was my way of giving back to the men and women who work so hard. Everyone loved my Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup cookies and kept asking my husband when I was going to bake more. These cookies are a great twist on the typical peanut butter blossoms, which were my childhood favorite. Whip up a batch of these for your holiday office party or for your family get together. They will be a big hit!
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter, creamy
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bag Reese Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat shortening and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Stir in granulated sugar and brown sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture. Blend well.
- Roll dough into balls.
- Roll each ball in a small bowl of granulated sugar, coating the entire outside.
- Place balls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cookies are baking, unwrap the Reese mini peanut butter cups. This is a great task for children... or husbands.
- Place the chocolates in the bowl and keep them in the refrigerator while the cookies are baking.
- When the cookies are done, remove them from the baking sheet, and place on a rack or dish to cool.
- Lightly press one Reese mini peanut butter cup on each cookie, small bottom side down.
- Allow cookies to cool. Putting them in the refrigerator for a few minutes helps.
No comments yet.