Delicious Sponge Cake Recipes
Delicious Sponge Cake Recipes
There are many sponge cake recipes in which you can choose to prepare for a special meal with your loved ones. But, there are only a few sponge cake recipes in which you can choose to truly get into their stomachs. These sponge cake recipes will surely be a hit one you opt to prepare them. Once you have a meal set, all you have to do is to prepare this delicious sponge cake recipe to perfectly end a wonderful meal.
Lemon Sponge Cake with Glazed Strawberries
Rate My Cake Recipe
- 9 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup + extra for flouring pan sifted matzo cake meal
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup kosher for Passover confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated lemon zest, separate from other lemon zest, for the glaze
- 1 - 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, separate from other lemon juice, for the glaze
- 3 cups strawberries, washed, cored & halved
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 10 inch spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and flour the sides using the sifted matzo cake meal.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks are formed in a mixer attached with a whisk (whip). Then, add ½ cup of sugar and continue to whip it until it is still and glossy.
- Whip the egg yolks and ¼ cup of sugar in another bowl until it is light and fluffy. Add in the egg whites and then gently fold in the ground almonds, chopped almonds, matzo meal, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Get the buttered spring form pan and pour in the mixture into it. After that, bake it until it is dry and a little spongy in its center. This will be a good 40 minutes and another 15 minutes for the cooling process. Once cool, remove the cake and let it sit in a wire rack.
- Get a bowl enough to fit in the ingredients for the glaze. This is a simple procedure since what you need to do is simply to add confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp of lemon zest, then stir in the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth. Add lemon juice until you are sure that the glaze is pourable. Spread the glaze on top of the cake and do not hesitate to pour in the whole glaze mixture. Once done on the top, spread the trickling glaze on the sides using a spatula. Let the glaze harden before serving it.
- Place the cake in a cake serving platter.
- Boil the water and the jam in a medium sized saucepan. Then, add all the strawberries in one swift motion and then mix well using a spatula until the strawberries are evenly coated.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the center of the cake and spread it to form a circle.
- Cool and serve.
Chinese Sponge Cake Recipe
More by this Author
Peeling vegetables can definitely take the fun out of cooking, especially if it takes a very long time to do so. That’s why there exist numerous and varying designs of vegetable peelers in the market...
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Granite is gorgeous, but it is expensive! You don't have to pay top dollar if you want the look-- if you're on a budget, try faux painting for furniture that looks like the real thing!