Spring and Summer Delicious Dinner Salad Recipes
Dinner salad recipes for quick and easy dinners
When winter is coming to an end, you probably have more need to eat something fresh and green. You might be fed up with heavy and spicy food that has to be cooked for a long time. Days are getting longer and you will probably want to eat something light and if possible prepared easily and quickly.
The best spring food is green vegetables, because it has cleansing effect, which we desperately need after winter months.
However, if you work all day and you cannot afford good, quality lunch, you can enjoy tasty dinner at home.
Summer is also full of all sorts of vegetables and summer salad is the best summer meal. It doesn’t have to be cooked and mostly all ingredients are fresh. You can get most of the vitamins and minerals through healthy salads every day, so why put some effort in preparing it. Especially, if the effort is small and the benefits are big.
So, what are the general ingredients of spring and summer salad?
Ingredients that are mostly used in spring or summer salad are:
- any kind of green salad, such as rocket, lettuce, radicchio, watercress, endive
- tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, olives, capers
- different kind of sprouts, such as radish, soy, wheat or alfalfa sprouts
- different kind of cheese, like cottage cheese, feta, mozzarella or tofu
- red lentils, chickpeas
- tuna, smoked salmon
- fried chicken or turkey.
More About Healthy Diets
- 17 Super Health Benefits of a Macrobiotic Diet
Benefits of a Macrobiotic Diet Macrobiotic diet is not just food and eating. Its a complete way of life, in which you take care of your self and the nature. Benefits of a macrobiotic diet are...
- How to Start Macrobiotic Diet Step by Step
How to start macrobiotic diet Many people decide to start macrobiotic diet when they face certain illness or condition. Standard American diet has become unhealthy and many people are considering...
- Eating in Seasons: Healthy Summer Diet Plan
Try those simple and tasty summer suggestions and make your own summer healthy diet plan. Look nice and get ready for summer.
- Eating In Seasons: Spring Diet Plan
Make your own spring diet plan. Learn what food is the best spering diet.
- Healthy Cooking Taste of Home: Back In 80s We Had...
Learn more about healthy cooking, ceramic pots, herbs and other interesting stuff.
Spring dinner salad recipes:
Sprouts dinner salad recipe
- 3,5oz/100g endive, radicchio and rocket
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup cheese (fresh tofu, cow cheese or mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Mix endive, radicchio, rocket and cherry tomatoes
- Add olive oil, pumpkin oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and stir all together
- Put the salad on the plate
- Cut the cheese into small peaces and spread them over the salad
- Put the sprouts on the side and season with the mixture that is left in the bowl after taking out the salad.
Sprouts dinner salad recipe variations: if you need a protein, you can add eggs, tuna or red lentils in the salad. Even fried chicken cut into thin slices can make a delicious hot and cold spring salad.
Summer dinner salad recipes:
Easy Greek salad recipe
- 3,5oz/100g lettuce baby leaves or red radicchio
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 big tomato
- 6 black olives
- 3,5oz/100g feta or fresh tofu
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Wash the lettuce or radicchio and tear the leaves into smaller peaces
- Cut the unpeeled cucumber into thin slices
- Cut onion into ring
- Cut tomatoes into small peaces
- Cut fresh tofu into small cubes
- Mix all the ingredients above and add olives
- Season with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Sprinkle everything with dried oregano.
Easy Greek salad recipe variations: if you don’t like tofu, but would like to have vegetarian dinner with more protein inside, you can replace it with chickpeas. Chickpeas are rich with iron and proteins and will make the salad taste even better.
More by this Author
Do you want to learn how to prepare, grill and cook fennel? Here you will find some great recipes and ways to make easy meals using this very healthy vegetable. Try fennel soup, fennel salad and more.
Make your own kebab at home! Fresh, tasty and healthy homemade kebab recipe.
Whether you are still breastfeeding or have stopped, it's never too early or late to restore your breasts to their pre-pregnancy beauty: Detailed exercise, diet, and posture tips.