Easy, Quick and Delicious Meatloaf Recipe
Remember mom's meatloaf? Or grandma's or your aunt's? When you finally got the recipe, you decided it was a little too involved to fit into your typical weekly meal schedule?
Now you can eat meatloaf in the middle of the week again! No hunting for seldom used ingredients - not even any onions to slice!
Classics should not have to be a hassle. Serve it up with some mashed potatoes (go ahead, use instant - I won't tell!) and a side of broccoli then sit back and enjoy!
What You'll Need
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef ( I use the lean 8% fat kind)
- 1 2-ounce envelope onion soup mix (or two 1-ounce envelopes, which is often the size most easily found - usually sold as a box with two envelopes - don't be fooled, the whole box is two ounces, so use BOTH envelopes)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups saltines (about 4 ounces - I just use one whole sleeve), finely ground (I put them in a large ziplock bag and use a ladel or large serving spoon and pound away - also helps relieve stress!)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce (optional - I never use it, tastes great to me without it and it's one less ingredient to buy!)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion soup mix, cheese, parsley (if using - I often don't), eggs, and saltines. Combine well. Add the water and combine.
Transfer the meat mixture to a baking dish (I use a non-stick-foil-covered cookie sheet) and form it into a 9-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
If using barbeque sauce, remove the meat loaf from the oven after 25 minutes and pour the sauce over the top. Return to oven for about 15 minutes more.
More by this Author
Your doctor may not tell you everything about what to expect during treatment for breast cancer. I learned the hard way.
- 16Formica FX – The New Granite? Kitchen Remodeling with Laminate Kitchen Countertops & Refinished Kitchen Cabinets Cheap
...remodeling kitchen on a budget...you must check out this NEW Formica that looks exactly like granite because of how it's made...read more!
Learn how to create a photograph display, with pictures of arrangements, tips, and ideas on how to design the best picture wall for your space. Make your photo wall pop!