Delicious Summer Recipes: BBQ Chicken Salad
These recipes are delicious, colorful... and best of all nutritious! And just in time for summer!
I have complied a bunch of my favorite nutritious recipes for you. These recipes are very tasteful and are all good for you- and they are all easy to make. Trust me, if I can do it- so can you!!!
I have also matched beverages and appetizers with each- but feel free to mix and match with the other recipes I have included in this group (Let me know if you come up with any great combos!!)
Let me know if you have any questions about them, and I am welcome to any alterations as well!!!
Entrée: BBQ Chicken Salad
This lively salad of grilled chicken, corn, bell pepper, and onion is dressed with a tangy mixture of barbeque sauce and mayonnaise.
Recipe yield: 4
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil grate. Grill chicken 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cube.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion, and corn.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the barbeque sauce and mayonnaise. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Stir, and chill until ready to serve.
Beverage: Avocado Blast
A thick and creamy shake made with avocados and sweetened milk.
Recipe yield: 4
- 5 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup ice
1. In a blender, combine avocado, sweetened condensed milk, powdered milk, sugar and ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
A delicious Italian appetizer that was divided and revised and modified over several years.
Recipe yield: 12
- 1 French baguette
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Cut the loaf of French bread into 12 slices on the diagonal. Arrange the bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Reduce the oven's temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
4. Spoon equal amounts of the tomato mixture onto the toasted slices of bread. Top with slices of mozzarella. Place the pan of bread back into the oven until the cheese has melted just slightly and is oozing over the tomatoes, approximately 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
More by this Author
It is summertime! Rather than dread putting your butt in a bikini, work to get it in shape. The following exercise will help decrease the size of your butt and get it tone! And ladies, don't be afraid of your shape-...
Most of us at some point will have to deal with dark circles under our eyes. Whether it be due to stress, lack of sleep, a hang-over, or just from ageing. The good news is that there are a lot of simple at-home ways to...
In terms of physiology, it is clear that many of the factors that weigh heavily on exercise performance-particularly hydration levels, blood-sugar levels, and cardiopulmonary status-are the same ones chiefly affected by...