Delicious Summer Recipes: Honey Chicken Kabobs
These recipes are delicious, colorful... and best of all nutritious! And just in time for summer!
I have complied a bunch of my favorite nutritious recipes for you. These recipes are very tasteful and are all good for you- and they are all easy to make. Trust me, if I can do it- so can you!!!
I have also matched beverages and appetizers with each- but feel free to mix and match with the other recipes I have included in this group (Let me know if you come up with any great combos!!)
Let me know if you have any questions about them, and I am welcome to any alterations as well!!!
Entrée: Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs
Honey, soy sauce, pepper and garlic make a terrific marinade and basting sauce for chicken chunks grilled on skewers with your favorite vegetables - try onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, or mushrooms.
Recipe yield: 4
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
1. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
2. Preheat the barbecue for high heat.
3. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
4. Lightly oil the barbecue grate. Cook the skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Beverage: Golden Wedding Punch
A citrus and pineapple juice punch. This is decidedly different from your usual punch
Recipe yield: 2
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can sweetened pineapple juice
- 1 3/4 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 gallon water
1. In a 2 gallon punch bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, pineapple juice, lemon juice and sugar. Stir in water.
Appetizer: Scallop Appetizers
This great scallop appetizer cant get any easier than this with only three ingredients!
Original recipe yield: 8.
- 1 pound scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup French dressing
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1. Cut scallops into quarters, unless they are tiny bay scallops which may be left whole. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add scallops, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Drain, and place them into a jar while hot. Pour in the French dressing, and add the garlic. Screw the lid onto the jar, and shake to coat. Refrigerate until chilled to marinate. Drain and serve with toothpicks.
More by this Author
We go to the gym to get strong and healthy, so the gym is the last place we would think would be a threat to our well-being, but research shows that workout facilities can be a breeding ground for illnesses ranging from...
It is summertime! Rather than dread putting your butt in a bikini, work to get it in shape. The following exercise will help decrease the size of your butt and get it tone! And ladies, don't be afraid of your shape-...
Most of us at some point will have to deal with dark circles under our eyes. Whether it be due to stress, lack of sleep, a hang-over, or just from ageing. The good news is that there are a lot of simple at-home ways to...