Delicious mango sauce recipe. A fresh and easy sauce for grilled meats.
Sweet and tart mango sauce will enliven any meal. Grilled chicken and pork both go great with this delicious; yet oh so easy healthy sauce.
Mangoes can vary a lot, so you'll have to use your taste buds as you prepare the recipe, but it's really a very easy sauce to prepare.
Mango sauce recipe
- 2lbs of ripe mangoes
- 1small onion
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 2tbls-1/4 cup ordinary white vinegar
- A little sugar if needed
- First, cut the mango into two long flat halves around the stone inside. Pull the two halves apart and discard the stone. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place into a blender.
- Chop the onion and sweet red peppers, and sauté over medium heat in about 1Tbls of vegetable oil. Sautee until the onions and peppers are soft, about ten minutes.
- Add these sautéed onions and peppers to the blender with the mango flesh and add your 2 Tbls of vinegar.
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt and taste. You want the sauce to be sweet and tart and savory, without being noticeably salty. If you think it is a little bland, add another pinch of salt, and if you think it is too sweet, add a little more vinegar. Most mangoes are sweet enough already, but if your sauce tastes too sour, you can mix in a little sugar to sweeten it up.
You're looking to balance sweet/sour/salty, and as all fruit is variable, any recipe that doesn't require you to taste as you go will not offer consistent results!
This sauce is healthy, vitamin packed and really tasty. Use it with simply grilled chicken breast or pork chops. It brings a taste of the tropics to your table!
Once you have this sauce on hand, you'll find yourself using it on all sorts of things. It even tastes great on vanilla ice cream!
Here's a video demo for another variation on mango sauce
More Caribbean Recipes
- Caribbean rice and peas recipe. An easy and deliciou...
Caribbean rice and peas is an essential side dish to any tropical meal. Be careful though, as this rice dish may steal the show! Try a great easy grilled jerk chicken with this Caribbean rice and peas...
- Caribbean Coconut Shrimp Dip Recipe. A Great Spicy S...
An easy Caribbean coconut shrimp and chili dip recipe. Perfect for easy entertaining and a taste of sunshine in the depths of winter.
- another mango sauce recipe
More by this Author
Understand the differences between Insta Cure #1 and #2. Learn which you need to use to make bacon, ham, or sausage.
Oven roasted summer fruit. A great summer fruit recipe Peaches aren't really worth eating many months removed from July and August, so while they're here, you should get your fill. A perfect peach, peeled,...
Before the invention of oil thermometers, cooks figured out simple ways to check oil temperature for safe deep frying. Now those secret tricks can be yours!