Desserts: Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Ok, before you say "there's no way! No brownie recipe deserves a title like that!" I didn't choose this name. Several of my friends renamed my brownies after receiving a tin of them as a Christmas gift and falling in love with them! They have been referred to lovingly and light-heartedly as "Better than Sex Brownies" ever since. I myself wouldn't seriously compare the two even though I think they are delicious! This is a fairly easy recipe for rich, chocolate, peanut butter brownies that your family will love! They are even good enough to give as a gift. I've done this several times for Christmas and have even had friends request them on their ‘wish list’.
- Batter layer
- cooking spray to line inside of pan
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1-16 ounce box of brownie mix, fudge syrup packet optional
- Filler layer
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Frosting layer
- 1-16 ounce container of chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Then grease a 13x9 inch pan. Next, in a small mixing bowl, beat together oil, water and eggs. Stir in brownie mix until moist and then spread batter into pan.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, oil, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla for filling. Spread filling mixture over batter. Then, using a spatula, cut filling into batter to create a marbled effect. Bake for 40 minutes being careful to not over bake.
- Now, mix together chocolate frosting and remaining peanut butter. Set aside until brownies have finished baking and have cooled somewhat. Then, spread frosting mixture over brownie.
- Now for the most important (and most difficult) step! Cover pan with plastic wrap and let sit for 3 days before eating. This allows the oils and chocolate so soak into the brownies making them richer and causing a gooey effect. Then cut into squares and enjoy!
Use the buttons below (in the thumbs up/down section) to leave feedback on what you thought about this article. Thanks for reading!
Shop Artisan Metal Works at the Amazon.com Kitchen & Dining Store. Free Super Saver Shipping on Qualified Orders.
More by this Author
These are my new favorite Christmas treat that can be enjoyed year round!
Here's a recipe for fruit cobbler that's quick, easy and delicious!
There is hope for fighting against the most emotionally damaging side effect of chemotherapy-hair loss!