Low Carb Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
A Super Easy Lower Carb Dessert
It is hard to find a dessert that will fit into a diabetic or a weight loss diet. Because I am a diabetic myself, I am always on the lookout for something that I can eat for dessert. A piece of this pie has about 21 grams of carbs. It isn't something you should eat all the time, but it does make a treat that you can eat when you feel like you just have to have something sweet and good. Be sure to add the carbs in when figuring the intake in your meal plan.
Warning - This is a low carbohydrate dessert, but it is still high enough that you can not eat it all the time.
I make one of these whenever our family gets together for a holiday party. That way when I hit the dessert table there is something there I can eat. Many of my family members are diabetic too, so they appreciate me bringing it. .
I used a purchased graham cracker crust that I found on sale at the store. These can be purchased inexpensively when they are on sale. If you prefer to make your own, that is fine too.
Recipe - Low Carb Chocolate Pie
The recipe itself is simple. Even someone that has never cooked before can handle this one.
Rate this Recipe
- 1 - 1.4 ounce package Jello Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, You'll have some to spare.
- 1 - 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the pudding mix with the milk until the pudding is nice and creamy.
2. Add 1/2 of the container of Cool Whip and beat with the whisk. Save the leftover Cool Whip for later to top the pie with.
3. Using a spatula, pour the mixture into the graham crust, smoothing it out as you pour.
4. Refrigerate the pie for about 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
5. Top with the leftover Cool Whip just before serving.
6. Slice into 8 slices.
|Serving size: 1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 21 g||7%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 3 mg||1%|
|Sodium 343 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Another Low Carbohydrate Recipe - Low Carb Chocolate Cupcakes
- Add peanut butter to the chocolate pudding.
- Try other flavors like butterscotch, vanilla or make a banana pie. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in the bananas.
- Use fat free milk for less fat calories.
- Top with crushed nuts.
- Make your own graham cracker crust and save some of the crushed grahams and sprinkle on top.
More by this Author
Ever wonder which apples are the best to eat fresh? Find a list of some of the old favorites and some of the newer apples that are becoming popular with everyone.
Cilantro not only tastes good, but is good for you. The cilantro is the green part of the plant and the seeds that are picked from the plant are coriander. Cilantro is used in both Asian and South American foods.
If you have a bad smell from cigarette smoke or campfire smoke, you may not always have the time to shower. Follow these easy instructions and get rid of the smell if smoke in a hurry.