Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy
Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy
Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy. Dairy products are food products which can be derived from animals such as cows, buffalo's milk, carabao and goat, sheeps, yaks or horses too. A production plant is usually called a dairy -- where they processed products from these milks. Middle Easterners, North Americans Indian and European countries perused dairy everyday. It is healthy to eat dairy products everyday as it is essential to our health, but eat the right amount only.
Dairies come in many forms like milk, butter, cheese, casein yogurt, clabber, gelatto and the favorite of all ice cream. You can also classify dairy into three big group of dairy -- milk, cheese and yogurt.
The topics of this hub includes :
- things about dairy
- kinds or types of dairies
- health benefits of dairy
- some facts and the things we should know about dairy
Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy -- Types of Dairy
Like what I have said there are three main types of dairy foods milk, cheese and yoghurt.
Milk is very nutritious that it is essential to newly born babies if the mother cant breastfed. Milk can be whole milk, 2 percent reduced fat, 1 percent low fat and non fat so you don't have any reasons not to drink it.
Cheese are dairy products which are made from milk in a processing environment, it is enriched with milk which takes a lot before you can even make a piece of cheese, in fact It takes twenty pounds of milk to make two pounds of cheese.
Yogurt is a mixture of milk and cream that is created by fermentation by specific types of bacteria. It is further classified according to the bacteria used and the amount of it during fermentation.
Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy :: Some health issues regarding dairy products
There are some health risks related to dairy products:
- lactose intolerance
- milk allergies
- Blue cheese can become contaminated with fungus which can result to respiratoty problems like asthma
- stomach upset fue to expiration dates
Health Benefits of Dairy Products -- Nutrients in dairy
- Dairy products are rich in Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Riboflavin, and Protein plus Vitamin A and D. These minerals and vitamins are essential to your health
- According to the US Dietary Guidelines It is health requirements that we consume low fat or fat free milk. It is also important to have three servings of dairy per day
- In conjunction with these recommendations, you may be familiar with the "3-A-Day" program, which stresses the importance of three servings of dairy per day. "Three (or four) servings of dairy foods for people ages 9 years and older are needed to ensure adequate calcium intake".
- It is essential for your bones and teeth
- Vitamin D, Calcium and Phosphorous are essential to childrens as well as adult for bone development
- Daily intake of dairy products specifically milk is good in avoiding osteoporosis
- Eating dairy producst also reduce the risk of hypertension
- Weight management and weight loss is related to the amount of dairy intake (three to four servings). If you include dairy products in your daily diet you will lose more weight. It make sense as when you partake dairy products you have the feeling of fullness
Different Kinds of Dairy :: All We Need To Know About Dairy -- How to get dairy into your diet
- Eat raw fruits with yogurt
- Instead of using water in your soup, mix your soups woth fat free milk
- Mix your cereal or granola always with low fat milk
- When you make salad or use dressing, use low fat yogurt in salad (potato) egg or tuna
- You can freeze milk chocolate and mix it with coffee
- It doesn't hurt if you gulp one or two glasses of milk everyday
All we Need to know About Dairy
Milk is rich in protein and it contains (in small amounts) hundreds of types of protein
Whey is a liquid that remains of the milk of any animal after you make cheese (cheesemaking)
UHT The ultra-high temperature (UHT) is the process of sterilizing the food before packaging in which after which it is placed in a pre sterlized containers and atmosphere which is sterilized as well.
Full cream milk powder is derived from fresh full cream milk which contains the same nutrients as the full cream milk
Cheddar cheese are hard cheese derived from pasteurized milk of a cow and it is not recommended to pregnant women as it may contain listeria
Food allergy” is the reaction of the body's immune system to an ingredient in the food which is usually protein. Food intolerance is a negative reaction of the body to the component of the food and it involves digestion
If you have lactose intolerance, it is a must to read labels carefully taking into consideration words like whey, milk products, dry milk, curds, non fat dry milk, dry milk solids, milk and lactose.
Drying is used to preserve milk
Summer's butter is good in taste than in winter's butter because of the food that cows eat are different during winter and summer
Yoghurt is a fermented (cultured) dairy product from milk. Yoghurt remains fresh up to three weeks and should not be put in room temperature
Buttermilk-- liquid that is left after squeezoig the butter . It is thickened plus soured then you can put it in pancakes, biscuits and other baked goods
There are bacteria which when added to cream can make thick sour cream.
The difference in cows and goats milk is that the color of goats milk is whiter because it doesn't contain carotene, but relatively they have the same nutrients composition as both contains about 13% dry solids.
More by this Author
Easy to Prepare Cocktails : Mixed Drinks Made Easy. A cocktail is a combination of mixed drinks -- spirits usually mixed with other ingredients usually to have a distinct taste so as the taste of the spirit is easily...
Different Kinds of Leavening Agents. What are leavening agents or leaveners? Leavening agents are substances that are used in batters as well as doughs which are used to soften the dough and it is also used for...
The National Symbols and Emblems of Ireland National symbols and emblems are important part of a culture of a country. It speaks of their identity and what they stand for in their life. Furthermore it shows their...