Diwali festival sweet dessert recipes
The festival of diwali in India which is better known for fireworks, sweets and exchange of gifts. During the season of diwali festival, people dresses up in a new look of fun and feasts. Diwali festival is the time for decorating your house with earthen lamps called diya, wearing new clothes, bursting firecrackers, meeting family and friends and of course enjoying the delicious items of sweets and snacks prepared specially for this occasion. People make colorful rangoli patterns in front of their house to give a festive look, special diwali festival dessert recipes are made and even gift items and greeting cards. Weeks before Diwali, every Hindu family is busy painting and decorating their homes, and shopping for gifts and preparing new dishes. On the Diwali day, shops are packed with people buying freshly made sweets. You can choose from a wide variety of sweets available in the market ranging from dry fruit sweets to special Diwali sweets. Here are some recipes for sweets, which you can try at home as they are easy to make and fast to cook. You can try out these dishes and serve to your guests on the diwali day. I have also included a jalebi recipe video at the end of this hub.
1. Diwali festival jalebi recipe
Diwali jalebi is a popular sweet dish recipe for dessert. You can make jalebi by following this recipe.
- 4 cup flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp. fine grained semolina or rice flour
- 1/2th tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp curd (plain yogurt)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp. saffron threads, slowly dry-roasted and powdered
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp green cardamom seeds powder
- 3 tbsp. kewra water or rose water
- Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
Cooking method for diwali jalebi recipe:
1. In a bowl, take 3/4th cup of the water and mix well with flour, semolina or rice flour, baking powder, curd.You can also use a whisk for mixing.
2. Add remaining water and 1/8th tsp. of saffron powder well with the mixture until smooth. Keep the mixture for about 2 hours to ferment and whisk again before use.
3. Make one string syrup by mixing sugar into water & add saffron and cardamom powder in it.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai at a low flame.Pour the batter in a steady stream into the kadhai to form coils. Make a few at a time.
5. Fry them deeply until they turn in light brown color.
6. Take out the mixture from the kadhai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
7. Keep them at least for 4-5 minutes until they soak the syrup.
8. Take them out of syrup and serve hot or cold.
2. Diwali festival besan ka ladoo recipe
Diwali besan Ka Ladoo is a popular sweet recipe for dessert. You can make besan ka ladoo by following this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 cups of Gram Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Almonds & Raisins (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Powdered Cardamom
Cooking method for Diwali besan ka ladoo recipe:
1. Heat the ghee in a pan
2. Put the gram flour into pan and fry it on a low flame till it turns brown.
3. Once it is browned, let it cool.
4. Mix well while adding powdered cardamom with sugar and add chopped almonds and raisins.
5. Make small ladoos and serve.
3. Diwali festival carrot halwa recipe
Diwali carrot halwa is a sweet dish recipe for dessert. You can make carrot halwa by following this recipe.
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
Cooking method for diwali carrot halwa recipe:
1. Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
2. Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
4. Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
5. Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.
Video that shows how to make diwali jalebi recipe
- How to make snow ice cream without snow
- Coffee milkshake recipe
- Easter Deviled Egg Recipe
Here is a simple and easy Easter deviled egg recipe. This deviled eggs recipe makes a terrific, high protein breakfast, lunch or snack for kids. A dash of paprika, pepper and pickle relish makes this dish...
- Easter recipes for kids
- Diwali gift ideas and how to buy gifts online
- Gulab jamun recipe
- Learn how to make rasgulla recipe
More by this Author
You do not need snow to make snow ice cream. Follow this recipe as this delicious snow ice cream is made with crushed ice, condensed milk, strawberries, vanilla extract, and strawberry syrup. Try this...
Pootharekulu is a popular dessert made in Andhra in India. Pootharekulu is made of rice starch, sugar powder, ghee and cardamom powder. Rice is cooked to a consistency of gruel. The cooked rice starch looks like a white...
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.