Sichuan Double Cooked Pork With Hoisin Sauce Recipe
This is a popular dish from Sichuan other than mapo tofu, Kung Pao chicken or hot pot. Double-cooked pork or known as twiced-cooked pork is spicy pork dish that involves two step of cooking. The first step is boiling or poaching or sometime steaming the pork until cooked through, and the second is stir-fry.
Sichuan double-cooked pork is spicy hot but if you prefer mild version, try this double-cooked pork with hoisin sauce. It's super delish. The pork is tender and full of flavors. The thick sauce is spicy and salty. It goes well with warm steamed rice.
Traditionally, pork belly is used for making double-cooked pork dish but I prefer leaner cut of pork.
What You Need
1/2 lbs pork
1 onion, chopped
2 small bell pepper
3 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp chopped spring onions
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp pork broth
How to Fix
- In small saucepan, put water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Then add the pork. Bring the water back to a rolling boiling. Turn off the heat and cover for about 30 minutes. Remove the pork and save the broth for soup.
- Cut the bell pepper into bite-seize pieces and discard any seeds.
- When the pork is cool enough to handle. Cut it into 1 1/2-inch x 1-inch pieces.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil, onion and chopped spring onions. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add hoisin sauce and stir to mix. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for about 45 seconds.
- Add cooked pork, salt and 1 tablespoon of pork broth. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Transfer to a serving platter.
Sichuan Double-Cooked Pork - Hot Spicy
More by this Author
Chinese Stuffed Bitter Melon AVLXY If you grew up eating the bitter melon, you will love this bitter dish. Stuffed bitter melon is common home-cooked dish in many Chinese household. It's made of bitter melon and ground...
How to stir-fry Chinese greens. Super easy recipe.
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...