Super Easy Louisiana Drunken Chicken Recipe
I moved to Louisiana from Michigan in my early teens and what an eye opener. Not only was everything so relaxed and seemingly effortless, the food was fantastic. No more goulash for me! The first time I tried drunk chicken I was hooked and you will be too.
So here is one of the first things I tried when I moved to Ponchatoula, Drunk Chicken. Super easy to make and well worth the booze to make it. You can try this great recipe out in the yard on your grill, or in your home in your oven.
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned and ready to go
- 1 12 oz can of beer
- 1 cup cinnamon schnappss, (Hot Damnn)
- 1 cup tequilaa, (optional)
- 2 tablespoon salt, Coarse works best
- 2 tsp blackened seasoning, (Zatarain's)
- Stand raw chicken upright on opened beer can.
- Inject with alcohols
- Dry rub spices on outside of chicken.
- If grilling- Move coals to both sides of grill and cook indirectly in middle for 1-1 1/2 hours. Surround with aluminum foil.
- If baking, put in oven under a drip pan and cook at 375 for 1 and 1/2 hours. Surround with aluminum foil.
- Remove from heat and rest for 20 minutes. Carve and enjoy.
- EXTRA NOTE: If you use the cinnamon snapps it will make the meat pinkish. Just check the thickest part and the legs for blood to ensure it is fully cooked.
|Serving size: 8|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
I am a full-time college student and a single mother. We live on $10,000 a year. I had to find a way to live within meager means, and this is how I do it.
5 great ways to use one of the staples in your pantry for quick meal idea
A quick and easy cheesecake recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare with a pre-made graham cracker crust. Everyone will love this!
No comments yet.