Dude Food Recipe: Toasted Bun Topped with Fried and Braised Lamb, Onion Rings and Mayonnaise Salad Dressing
Rate my Dude Recipe!
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
- Yields: 4 people
I learnt about "Dude Food Recipe" just last week when I was watching Masterchef and I wanted to try it straight away as it looked yum. Dude food recipe is a simple and delicious recipes that breaks all the traditional norms of cooking by mixing haphazard flavouring tastes together, which usually is eaten by hungry students during college days when they are so tired to cook or make anything complex, but would still want to have something yummy.
The recipe showed in Masterchef was called "Sloppy Joe with Braised Pork Ribs, Onion Rings, Chipotle Kewpie and Kewpie Slaw". It is a complex recipe but I wanted to make it a bit simple and a bit spicy to avoid adding too much oil or fat in my dish. So I added some ingredients and deleted some from the original recipe. Along with that,I don't like eating pork, so I used lamb. Here I come with some changes from original version of the recipe. It is still so yummy and my dude really enjoyed it.
The crunch coming from the onion rings and the softness of the delicious meat makes this recipe fun to eat. I don't have to tell that this kind of food should be eaten less but ,yes, should definitely be eaten once in a while to give a different taste to our taste buds and to have some fun sometimes. We do deserve it sometimes, don't we? Overall, my recipe is more healthier anyway!
Ingredients for Braised lamb:
- A tbsp sunflower oil
- Half a kg lamb with bone
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar or any vinegar
- 3 tbsp tamarind juice (10 gm of dried tamarind soaked in half a cup of water and the water used as tamarind, juice)
- Two medium riped tomatoes
- 1/4the tbsp salt
- 2 green chilli, (optional)
Ingredients for onion rings:
2 cup of plain flour
1 cup of soda water
1 tablespoon of cumin and corriander powder
1 tablespoon of ginger paste
1/2 tsp of salt
Half a litre of oil
One medium onion chopped in round shape of 1-2 cm each and the rings seperated as in the picture at instruction section.
Ingredient for salad
2-3 spring onions thinly chopped
Half medium purple onions thinly chopped
1 small cucumber thinly chopped
Half of medicum sized carrot julienned
1/4 tsp of salt or as desired.
4 mini burger buns
Instructions for cooking Braised Lamb
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and fry the lamb in high medium heat untill brown.
- Add the spring onions and garlic and fry for about 2 mins.
- Then, add the remaining ingredeints and toss well.
- Cover the cooker with the lid, let the whistle come in high medium heat. Decrease the heat to medium and let it cook for about 15 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Remove the lid, cook it further without covered or transfer to the wide pan (if you want the sauce to reduced quickly) and cook until the sauce is reduced and is clinging to the meat and let it cool. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- After it is cooled, remove the bones from the meat and chop the meat into small 1-2 cm pieces.
Instructions For Making Onion Rings:
- Mix flour, spices, salt and soda water and make a thick batter. Now add the onion rings in a way so that the batter is just covering onions.
- Heat the oil in deep frying pan in high medium heat.
- Drop the onion coated onion rings one by one to the oil and cook until brown in each side. Remember before you add the onions to the oil, oil should be hot enough so that it brings the sound frying sound as soon as you add the onion to the oil and the onions should also come up to the top and don't stay at the bottom. If they stay at the bottom, oil is not hot enough. It should start producing bubbles if the oil is hot enough. But be careful to not make it too hot. Fry until onion rings are are brown enough on both side.
- Drain the oil and put the rings in the paper towel.
Instruction for making the Salad
Mix all the vegetables and add the salt and mix well. Then add the Mayonnaise and toss well.
Toast the buns untill brown. Start by topping the buns with meat. Then add the salad and finish by adding the spring onions. Ready to eat the yummy dude recipe for the dude! Enjoy!
More by this Author
Do you have purple plants and flowers in your garden? If not I will tell you all the reason why you should have purple flowers. I will also show you the pictures of the lovely purple flowers which will make understand...
Juicy and spicy soda water, a popular drink sold in streets of India, is mysteriously delicious. I will share with you all the mysterious spices found in this unique drink that will make your drink tasty and keep you...
What else can I think of other than momo/dumplings in this weather. Momo is popular dish in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. The Nepali momos tastes completely different from dumplings of other countries because of its spicy...