Old Fashioned (Organic) Bread Pudding.
What's more important than the health of your child?
- 5 slices day old Organic bread, (not moldy)
- 1/2 cup Organic raisins, or organic blueberries
- 3 large Organic eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Organic milk, OK to substitute 2% organic milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter the bread generously with real butter, (never use margarine). Cut into small squares and place them into the bottom of a 1.5 quart oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the buttered bread
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together and blend well
- Pour this liquid mixture over the bread squares in the casserole dish making sure all the bread has been moistened. Set aside for about 10 minutes to allow full absorption of the liquid into the bread.
- When ready to bake, mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 350 F. (uncovered) for 30 to 45 minutes - or until a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When done, cover and cool to room temperature and serve plain, or top with whipped organic cream, organic yogurt, or organic vanilla ice cream..
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding recipe
This recipe is simple, easy and delicious.
Don't worry about the calories, I always say it is not what is in the foods we eat, but the 'quantity' of foods we ingest that cause us to gain weight.
So, eat up and enjoy while you still can.
by d.william 08/09/2011
Choose Organics - find organic farmers near you.
More by this Author
Do you hate carrots? Try my recipe for carrot cake, and you will change your mind. A good way to get your daily vegetables.
Unregulated food labeling can be detrimental to our health. The unproven safety of Genetically Engineered foods is a dangerous practice.
Corporate America owns the F.D.A. and soon will own the rest of those "consumer protection" agencies.