11 Best Loved Pie Recipes
Bake Your Favorite Pie!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Recipe!
A big slice of this creamy coconut pie can complete an elegant or a country home cooked meal.
You can top the pie with meringue or whipped cream. It's a favorite dessert in the South.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1-3 ½ ounce can flaked coconut
- 1-9-inch pie shell
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, salt and flour; stir in milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stir constantly until thickened. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 more minutes; stirring constantly, remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks slightly; gradually add 1 cup of hot mixture into the yolks. Return egg yolk mixture to the saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add butter and 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well. Add 1 cup of the coconut. Pour into baked pie crust.
- Beat egg whites, ½ teaspoon vanilla, cream of tartar, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl until you have a stiff meringue.
- Spread over hot filling.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over top of meringue.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Instead of topping with meringue and baking, you may use whipped cream or cool whip and omit baking.
- I use refrigerated pie crust you buy at grocery store.
Key Lime Pie
Key lime pie is so easy and yummy. No baking or squeezing the key limes. Just as easy to make two pies.
- 1-14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1-8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-6 ounce graham cracker pie crusts
- Lime zest, optional
- Using an electric mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in large bowl on medium speed until smooth and thickened.
- Fold whipped topping into milk and lime juice mixture.
- Place key lime pie mixture into pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until set.
- May garnish with grated lime peel or whipped topping.
- Also good with chocolate crumb pie shell.
Scrumptious Display For Your Pie!
Yes, this is a quiche dish! I love baking my pies in a fluted dish, it makes a stunning display for your pie! Give it a try and get ready for comments for how scrumptious it looks!
No-Bake Millionaire Pie Recipe!
This pie tastes like a million bucks! Millionaire no-bake pie is scrumptious and so very easy.
You do have to wait three hours for chilling time before you cut yourself a big slice to try. Enjoy!
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, I use bottled
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1- 6 ounce prepared graham cracker crust
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except whipped topping and graham cracker crust; mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping
- Pour into crust
- Cover; chill three hours.
Chocolate Cream Pie
Chocolate cream pie is so yummy and creamy. It is easy to make and everyone will be asking for another slice!
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-9 inch baked pastry shells
- Mix cornstarch, water, and cocoa until smooth.
- Stir into cocoa mixture; sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Cook in saucepan or microwave until thick.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add one teaspoon vanilla.
- Cool slightly; stirring occasionally.
- Pour into cooled baked pie shell.
- Top with meringue or whipped topping.
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe!
This is an old recipe that I use often, it is easy to assemble an elegantly delicious.
I am making two of these for my dessert to take for noon on Christmas Eve, that is when our family gets together. One would be inhaled, so I will make two!
- 1-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (I used bottled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-21-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- Get you a big bowl out, throw in the softened cream cheese, beat well, add sweetened condensed milk while beating with the electric mixer, mix well.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust; cover. Let chill in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours. I make a day or so ahead of time.
- After 3 or 4 hours add the cherry pie filling on top of chilled cream cheese filling.
Apple Red Hot Cinnamon Pie
This delicious pie is also known as apple blush pie. I do not know when to stop eating another slice. Maybe it is because I also love red hot candy! Give it a try, I know you will like it!
- 1 can of apples or 6 cups fresh peeled, sliced apples
- 1-8 ounce can crushed pineapple (small can)
- 4 tablespoons red hot cinnamon candy
- ½ cup sugar (canned apples) ¾ cups sugar for fresh apples
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 pie crust)
- Line a pie plate with one of the pie crust.
- In a medium size bowl mix apples, flour, cinnamon, and sugar tossed until all apples are covered
- Cover bottom of unbaked pie crust with apples.
- Add can of pineapple.
- Dot butter over top of pie.
- Using other pie crust cover the top of pie.
- Cut slits in top of the crust.
- I like to put a sprinkle of sugar on my top crust!
- Bake at 325 degree Fahrenheit until brown and red color bubbles on top of pie.
No-Roll Pie Crust
Most of you know that I am lousy at making pie crust, I usually buy the refrigerated ones.
This is a good pie crust if you need one and do not want to go to the store.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Add flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl; mix.
- Add oil and milk in a bowl; whip with a fork.
- Add oil and milk mixture all at once to flour mixture; mix well until forms a ball.
- Add dough to pie plate, press evenly with fingers.
- Fill with a filling to bake or bake the crust and fill with cooked filling.
- To bake crust by itself; prick it all over with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit for 10 or 12 minutes until light brown.
Old-Fashion Coconut Chess Pie
This Southern coconut chess ie is an old favorite. It's filled with coconut and has a tangy flavor made by the buttermilk, it is thick and creamy and very sweet.
A cup of coffee is a perfect mate to this delicious pie. It is easy to make and may be frozen.
Make your own crust or buy the refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- 1 cup coconut
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for one hour.
Buttermilk pie is a favorite of many folks. This old fashioned southern pie is easy to make and delicious with its tangy custard. The pie may be eaten warm or chilled.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- 1-9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Cream butter and sugar; add flour and eggs. Beat well.
- Stir in buttermilk and flavoring.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.
Deliciously Easy Cherry Pie
I have cooked a long time but I have never made a cherry pie.
I stumbled on a great secret for a delicious cherry pie! It is quick and easy and makes a delicious dessert in no time!
- 2 cans cherry pie filling, most are around 20 ounces
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (should have the two crust)
- Sugar, sprinkle on top
- Apple Pie Filling is delicious too!
- I actually baked mine in a glass tart dish, it was beautiful!
- If you do not have a tart dish just use a 9-inch pie pan or dish.
- Line the pan with one crust.
- Tops crust with two cans cherry pie filling.
- Top with the second pie crust or you may cut in strips and criss-cross the
crust on top.
- I then give it a light sprinkling of granulated sugar.
- Bake pie according to directions on cherry pie filling can.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Pie!
Microwave Peach Crumb Topped Pie Recipe!
Are you looking for a way to use all those extra fresh peaches? Try this delicious Microwave Peach Crumb Topped Pie!
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked
Ingredients and Instructions Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions for making topping:
- Combine topping ingredients with a fork.
- Combine the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Place peach mixture in the baked shell, cover with wax paper, and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Turn pie halfway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes or until topping set.
- Let stand until cool.
Homemade Fried Pie The Easy Way
I love fried pies, but I am all for easy way to do things, so I buy the canned pie filling!
If you have your own recipes by all mean use them if you like. I have included a pastry recipe, but I like to use the refrigerated pie crust, you know the kind you buy, yes the easy way!
- Canned pie filling or homemade
- Oil for frying
Pastry for Fried Pies:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¾ teaspoon vinegar
- Combine in a bowl the flour and salt; cut in shortening until coarse mixture.
- Mix egg and water; sprinkle over flour mixture. Add vinegar and lightly stir until it forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill.
- To cut the pie pastry, use a saucer, the perfect size, add a couple of heaping spoonful of pie filling on one-half of pastry circle.Fold pastry over and seal with a fork.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2-inches of oil to medium hot.
- Fry pies until golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Makes about 1 ½ dozen pies.
Easy as Pie, Which do You Choose!
What is your favorite Pie!See results without voting
Welcome! Please Rate These Pie Recipes!
© 2016 Margie Lynn
More by this Author
You will know the Christmas holiday is drawing near when we start making our favorite Christmas candy recipes. A few of my favorites are divinity, fudge, peanut brittle, divinity, toffee mad more!
Looking for a scrumptious pound cake recipe, try Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. You will not be disappointed!
- 1Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe, AKA $250 Cookies: The Best Cookie You Will Ever Eat
Mrs. Field’s, a.k.a. $250 Cookies, are loaded with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, pecans and oat flour you make in the blender. A recipe you will make many times, scrumptious, make lovely gifts!