Easy Cake Batter Flavored Recipes
For the past year I have seen everything from popcorn to fudge made with cake batter flavor. I wondered if it was really as good as everyone thought it was.
Cake batter flavor is the new chocolate. It seems that you will find cake batter flavored brownies, fudge, cheesecake, ice cream, and almost anything else that an individual can come up with. The flavor is so popular partly because it is nostalgic - how many of you remember licking the beaters when Mom was making cake?
It is popular because it is delicious. There is just something addictive about cake batter - and now you can have that fun flavor in almost anything you want.
All cake batter flavored recipes start out with some kind of yellow cake mix. Making a homemade yellow cake mix won't work. The flavors will not be that intense batter flavor that you are looking for. It is fun to use one of the mixes with sprinkles but you may find that you get better flavor if you use a plain yellow cake mix and add a 1/4 cup or so of colored jimmies.
Cake Batter Waffles
Cake batter waffles are a deliciously different way to celebrate a birthday or any festive occasion. Serve them with a vanilla glaze or fresh fruit - either way your family is sure to feel special when they spot these colorful waffles one the table.
One note of caution, however. Anything made with cake batter whether it is waffles, pancakes, or cookies, will tend to burn much more quickly than other recipes. Keep an eye on your food while it is cooking and be prepared for it to be finished a little before the recipe states. This does not affect the ice cream or the cheesecake. You will find it mainly with waffles and pancakes and other grilled items.
Added bonus? The whole house will smell like one of those cupcake scented candles!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: about 6 large waffles (24 small squares)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cake mix
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup colored sprinkles
For Waffles without Toppings
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 43 g||14%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Preheat your waffle baker according to instructions and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cake mix.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Now, stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture quickly. The batter will be a little lumpy - that's o.k. Don't over-beat. You may need a little more milk to get the right consistency.
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Spoon the batter onto the preheated waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with a glaze made of 1 tablespoon heavy cream mixed with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, and 1 cup of confectioner's sugar. Add a dollop of whipped cream and some fruit if desired.
Tried It? Rate This Recipe
Cake Batter ice Cream
Cake batter ice cream combines the best of two worlds - the flavor of cake batter and the smooth, cold deliciousness of ice cream. It isn't difficult to make if you have an ice cream maker. Just follow your manufacturer's instructions for freezing.
Keep in mind that homemade ice cream should "ripen" or sit overnight in the freezer before serving. This will keep it from melting so quickly and allow it to develop the best texture.
- I cup whole milk, very cold
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, if desired
- Beat the cream and vanilla until it achieves soft peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the milk and the sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the cake mix and sprinkles. Make sure you whisk out any lumps.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Freeze as your manufacturer instructs.
Makes about a quart and a half of ice cream, give or take. About six 1/2 cup servings.
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbs: 33 g
Cake Batter Cheesecake Recipe
Cake batter cheesecake is a delicious combination of cake batter, sprinkles, and tangy cheesecake. Once you add the rich, chocolate glaze this dessert becomes more than addictive. Always use a bain marie when making cheesecake. Your cake will come out tender and rich, you will have less cracking, and ... well try it and see if it doesn't make a difference in your favorite cheesecake recipe.
- 1 9 inch spring form pan prepared with a vanilla cookie crust
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar on the lowest speed of your mixer until well blended
- Add the cake mix and continue beating until no lumps remain. Keep the mixer on low speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition
- Fold in the sour cream
- Spoon into the crumb lined springform
- Cover the outside bottom of the springform with aluminum foil and bring the foil up the sides. This will keep any water from seeping into the crust.
- Place the pan in a hot water bath with the water coming about 1/2 way up the sides of the foil covered pan.
- Bake at 375 F for 50 minutes.
- Turn oven off but do not open the door. Leave for 1 hour. Do not open the door during this time.
- Remove cake from oven and water bath.
- Allow to cool on the counter for 1 hour.
- Place a paper towel over the top, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Glaze with a mixture of 1/2 cup heavy cream, 2 cups milk chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted together and stirred until smooth.
(without glaze or crust)
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 19
- Carbs: 18
More by this Author
Find out about the different specialty cake pans from Wilton and how to use them
If you love Applebees desserts but you can't go out every night, try these copycat recipes of their Maple Butter Blondies or Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
If there were a national emergency how would you survive? Here are 25 ways that you can become more self reliant, more independent, and more self sufficient beginning today