Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe
If you are looking for easy dessert recipes, you won’t find one much easier than this. For this recipe you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries. I think the fresh blueberries taste better but when not in season, frozen blueberries will work well. This hub is the first in a series of recipes for easy desserts.
For the top pie crust there are two methods. The first method is to weave together pie crust strips into a lattice. This is not easy to do for beginners. The other method is to place to the top crust onto the pie and pinch the edges to form a seal.
2 Pie crusts
2 Pints of blueberries
2/3 cup of sugar
¼ cup of corn starch
1 egg white
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Additional sugar to sprinkle on top of pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If using frozen pie crusts, set pie crust out to thaw.
- In a large bowl combine blueberries, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Let stand for a few minutes.
- If using a lattice top, cut the top pie crust into half inch strips with a pizza cutter.
- Pour blueberry mixture into the bottom pie crust.
- For lattice top, weave the strips of pie crust into a lattice. If you are not using a lattice top then lay the second pie crust on top of the blueberry mixture. Pinch the edges of the crust to form a seal with the bottom crust. Poke a few holes into the top of the crust so that the pie can vent during the cooking process.
- Beat one egg white, then brush egg white onto the crust. Sprinkle sugar on top as desired.
- Place the pie in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for an additional 45 minutes. You may need to tent the pie with foil to prevent the crust from burning.
The picture to the right shows the crust with the solid top which is much easier to make than the lattice top. Just make sure to cut a few holes in it like shown in the picture so that the pie can vent during cooking. I hope you enjoy this recipe. Everyone in my family loves this recipe.
More by this Author
This vanilla mousse recipe is creamy and delicious. This recipe does not use raw eggs like many other recipes do because consuming raw eggs can be dangerous. Frequently, eggs are found to be contaminated with...
Flavio Ensiki via Flickr This is a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, one of the quick easy desserts I like to to make. It is best to make this the day before, so that it has ample time to cool. If you are making it the...
Learn how to make great dirt cake!