Easy Blueberry Banana Cream Cheese Pie
A Delicious Quick and Easy Pie
For anyone that likes blueberries, this is a very quick and easy recipe! Blueberries and bananas together may sound a little strange, but this has the best flavor! Blueberries are known to be very high in anti-oxidants and therefore very good for you. Not to mention that this is one of my very favorite fruits.
This is a very easy recipe and when I started making this pie for family gatherings, my sister-in-law asked if I would make an extra one as she loved it so much and she usually only got one piece before it was all gone. Once I did that, her daugher and her started playing "hide the pie". Nikki would try to take the pie home with her, or at least half of it. So now, I always have to make three of them. I have to make one for my sister-in-law and one for her daughter, Nikki. Then I have to have one for the rest of the family. Trust me, my family gatherings are never boring! Here is all you need to make this great tasting quick and easy blueberry banana ice box pie.
- 1 ready made pie crust, graham cracker or regular
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice the bananas horizontally about 1/4 inch in thickness and line the bottom and sides of the pie crust with them.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract with a mixer until smooth. Now add the whipped topping and mix on high for several seconds to make it nice and fluffy. Pour this mixture over the bananas and spread smoothly.
- Spoon the blueberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. You can add some whipped cream on top for some added eye appeal. I like to use the whipped cream you can squirt from a can as you can get a little decorative with it.
You can add more whipped topping on top of the pie filling if you would like, but be sure that it can be refrigerated quickly or your whipped topping will “melt”. You can use cherries instead of blueberries for a variation that is also a big hit also!
Try this for your next family dessert, it is so easy and I’m sure it will be a favorite. Just be sure you make enough so someone in your family doesn’t play “hide the pie”!
MORE wonderful blueberry recipes.
Look below for more great blueberry desserts.
More by this Author
Stewed tomatoes can be used in so many various recipes that it is very useful to have some handy in your pantry.I have included step-by-step instructions on how to can stewed tomatoes.
My husband enjoys hunting, and I enjoy having the meat in the freezer. I like recipes that don't take a lot of time to prepare. I would like to share some fast and easy venison recipes with you.
Are you looking for a new puppy and would like to know which dog breeds may not be the best with children. After doing much research, I have compiled a list of the 10 most aggresive dog breeds.