Easy Breakfast Egg Recipe: Golden Buck Cheesy Eggs On Toast
Easy Cheesy Egg Recipe
Golden Buck - An Easy Breakfast Recipe
Well, it's Saturday morning and you want a great breakfast for you and the family, something everyone will like. You just don't want to be all morning working in the kitchen; you want an easy breakfast recipe. Something that will get you out of the kitchen without undue effort but that is still special.
Enter the land of Golden Buck. Poached eggs covered with a great cheesy sauce, all over toast. Cheese lovers will rejoice and those liking eggs are ecstatic - what more could be asked for?
This is especially nice for the chef of the family; the entire breakfast can be made up in just a few minutes and cleanup is minimal. If you have little people in the family, even younger children can grate cheese and even stir the sauce as the pan must never get really hot.
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated. about 2 cups.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard, ordinary hot dog mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, poached
- 6 slices bread, lightly toasted
Are you a big breakfast person?See results without voting
- Combine cheese, 2 eggs, milk, butter, mustard and salt in the top of a double boiler if available. A pan on a very low temperature burner may be used as well, but care must be taken not to get it too hot.
- Cook slowly while stirring frequently. Do not allow to boil. As the mixture cooks it will thicken; at the first sign of thickening or clumping turn the heat as low as possible or remove the double boiler from the burner, keeping the mixture over the hot water.
- During the cooking process, get the egg poacher ready and hot. As soon as the mixture thickens the slightest bit, begin poaching the eggs and very shortly thereafter turn the toaster on.
- Timing is critical. If the cheese sauce is cooked too long or allowed to get too hot it will clump badly and while that won't affect the taste much it will definitely affect appearance and texture. Your goal is to have the toast ready and the eggs poached just as the sauce thickens to the point that lumps are beginning to appear.
- Put a poached egg on each slice of toast (buttering the toast is optional, but something I like) and spoon sauce over the egg and toast. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Add in a slice of bacon or a couple of links of sausage, a little fruit perhaps and a glass of milk or coffee. A breakfast that's hard to turn down.
This has been a favorite in my home for nearly 20 years. Anytime breakfast isn't going to be simple cereal, the request is very often for Golden Buck and because it is a very quick and easy breakfast recipe. I often cooperate, to the delight of everyone at the table. It is (almost) as popular as the Rotten Egg Pie that appears at every holiday dinner I'm at.
Give it a try. If you like cheese and if you like eggs, you're sure to be pleased with the result. Just watch carefully that the sauce mix doesn't get too hot or cook too long and you will find this recipe quite easy to make.
More by this Author
Just about the best and easiest no bake cheesecake recipe to be found. Quick, easy and delicious, it is well worth the little effort required to make.
A review of Cravings Buffet, in the Mirage casino. One of the many Las Vegas buffets that the town is famous for.
Detailed instructions for wiring a half hot, or switched, outlet. Wiring diagrams are included for a better understanding of how to wire a switched outlet.