Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
What Do You Think?
As the weather gets warmer and the days grow longer we realize that we have much better things to do than hang out in the kitchen cooking all day. Here is a simple salad recipe that is healthy and easy to make, requiring very little time in the kitchen.
Actual assembly time is 15 minutes. This recipe calls for 30 minutes chilling time before serving.
- 1 cup mayonaisse
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, grated
- In a small bowl mix well mayonnaise, sugar, and red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, and cheeses.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture into broccoli mixture and stir until well coated.
- Chill salad in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
To turn this salad into a main dish add 1 cup cubed grilled chicken to the broccoli mixture before adding the mayonnaise mixture then proceed as directed.
Store unused portions in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Discard unused portions after 4 days.
More from Annie
- Faux Mayonnaise
These days everyone is looking for healthier alternatives to our favorite foods. Sometime it's not the food itself that is unhealthy but the extras we add to it. Most people use some sort of condiment, like mayonnaise on their burgers, sandwiches and
- Sassy Cranberry Chicken
This is one of those long time family recipes that get passed around. For those of us who eat a lot of chicken, this gives us a pleasant change.
More by this Author
The Serenity Cocktail was created at the beginning of the West Coast's health and new age movement back in the early 1970s.By the 1980s the recipe had been perfected. Gladys Lindberg was well known throughout health...
This recipe for Cannelloni Au Gratin with Sardi’s Sauce was among the favorite dishes offered in the 1960s. While the recipe is involved, it is well worth the effort. Fortunately, most of it can be made in advance...
Simply state “Pyramide” to any French person who has a fine appreciation of food then sit back and listen. One and all will tell you without hesitation that it is the greatest restaurant in France. It is...
No comments yet.