Easy Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe
Brownie Mix Cookies
Easy Brownie Cookies
Fast Homemade Brownie Cookies
Need to bake some cookies first? Have a brownie mix in the cupboard? These quick cookies can be done in 20-30 minutes. They have the chocolate taste of brownies but are wonderfully chewy. Better yet, they are under 100 calories each. If you want something more special for dessert, add some chocolate chips or a dab of my chocolate chip frosting, or canned white frosting and sprinkles. People will think you spent all morning in the kitchen!
Brownie CookiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 TB butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TB instant coffee, (optional--disolve in water)
Brownie Mix Cookies Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour brownie mix in a bowl. Add eggs, water and butter (butter should be at room temperature or soften in microwave for 5-10 seconds). Note: If you want to make mocha brownie cookies, dissolve the 1 TB instant coffee in the water before adding to the mix.
- Mix together by hand until smooth. The batter will be very soft.
- Drop tablespoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet (or use ungreased parchment paper or silicone sheet). Bake in the oven at 350 until cookies rise and crinkle about 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the sheet and they should lift off easily. You can enjoy them just as they are, or add some chocolate frosting (see recipe for my special fudge frosting below!)
Easy Fudge Frosting for Cookies
Put in a microwaveable container:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 tea. vanilla or another flavoring (try almond or peppermint)
- optional for mocha frosting: 1 tea. instant coffee
Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave for 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate chips and butter are completely melted and the mixture is smooth and thick. Frost the cookies by putting about 1 TB of the frosting on top and spreading with a spoon. If you need the frosting to set, stick the cookies in the freezer for a few minutes. For variety, you can sprinkle any of the following on top of the frosting:
- chopped peanuts, walnuts, almonds or pecans
- toffee bits
- chopped up Oreos
- chopped up leftover candy bars like Kit Kat, Reeses, or Snickers
I've used this recipe with just about all varieties of chocolate chips and it always tastes great. However, with some types of chips, you may need to add more milk and butter to get the consistency you need for frosting. If you want, you can also thicken the frosting and make it sweeter by adding:
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (optional)
Note: Instead of the milk and butter, you can use up to 1 cup of heavy cream.
Brownie Mix Cookies
|Serving size: 1 cookie|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
Review of Krusteaz Cookie Mixes, tips for how to use them and recipe for 20 minute double chocolate chunk cookies using Chocolate Cookie mix.
Quick and easy recipe and tips for making restaurant-like cornbread at home. Great with my honey butter!
How to write better sentences? Easy tips to improve sentences just by changing the first word with a list of alternative first words included, plus ideas for faster and easier writing.