Easy Bundt Cake Recipe: Dr. Pepper Cake
Looking for a Quick Dessert Recipe with Simple Ingredients?
There are times when a busy parent needs to be able to turn to a quick, easy dessert recipe. Heck, any person short on time should be able to whip up an impressive dessert within an hour!
Whether you are hosting a party, bringing an offering to a bake sale, or simply looking to make a treat for your family after dinner, this easy Bundt Cake Recipe is a hit every time.
The basic ingredients are the same, and the flavor can be adjusted based on personal taste, using a soft drink, wine or liquor of your choice.
Baking this cake in a Bundt pan (shown below) molds the cake into a special fluted ring shape, using a pan that has a cone-shaped opening in the middle. Serving pieces of a Bundt cake, rather than a sheet cake, or even a layer cake, is somehow automatically more special.
My favorite feature of this recipe is that it uses pre-packaged ingredients that make it incredibly easy to whip up on short notice. Yet, as opposed to purchasing a pre-made cake or dessert at the grocery store, you can make this easy Bundt cake recipe at home.
This is a home-made, yet simple to create, dessert recipe. With only an hour or less, your kitchen will have the aroma of an all-day baking extravaganza, and you can present a wonderful Bundt cake that tastes like you worked all day on the concoction!
Rate this Recipe for Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
Ingredients for Easy Bundt Cake Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons of Dr. Pepper (or other cola, wine or liquor flavoring used in the cake)
Ingredients for Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 oz. soda pop or white wine, of your choice, OR
- 6 oz. flavored liquor, of your choice, plus 4 oz. water (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- NOTE: Choose between soda, wine, or liquor plus water
Another Easy Bundt Cake Recipe Using Cake Mix
Instructions for Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Carefully and thoroughly grease a bundt pan, making sure to fully cover all crevices
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, cinnamon and your choice of soda or wine, OR flavored liquor plus water (as per ingredients above)
- Pour mixture into bundt pan and use a spatula to scrape all batter from the bowl, distributing equally throughout the pan. Be careful not to pour batter into the center
- Wipe off any excess batter from the edges and/or center before placing pan into the oven
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake is lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean (time varies from 50 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 20 minutes. When fully cooled, use a blunt knife to release edges of the cake, then place a plate or serving dish over the top of the pan. Flip over and, while firmly holding pan to plate, carefully tap on the counter top to loosen the cake. Remove pan
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and about 2-3 tablespoons of the soda, wine or liquor with which the cake is flavored. Stir until smooth
- Pour glaze over baked, cooled cake. Distribute evenly to cover entire cake. (NOTE: glaze can be omitted to reduce calories and sugar)
- Slice into 1-2 inch thick portions. Enjoy the cake by itself, or with fresh seasonal berries and/or whipped cream
Cook Time for Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
- Yields: 12 servings
What Flavors Work Best for this Easy Bundt Cake Recipe?
The first time I tried making this recipe, I used the traditional Dr. Pepper soda to flavor the cake.
However, my first experience with tasting and enjoying this Bundt cake recipe was during the holidays when a friend of mine made this cake using white wine.
Lemon Bundt Bake Recipe
Nutrition Information for Easy Bundt Cake Recipe
|Serving size: 1/12 of cake|
|Calories from Fat||180|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 20 g||31%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 63 g||21%|
|Sugar 47 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23%|
|Sodium 451 mg||19%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Are You Familiar with Bundt Cake?See results without voting
Make Easy Bundt Cake for a Party or Other Gathering
This recipe is so easy to make, yet delicious, that we bring it to many of the potluck parties to which we are invited. It makes a wonderful treat to serve friends with coffee, or to take to a neighbor during the holidays.
All I have to do is take out the bundt cake pan and my family gets excited that I am going to make this cake. That, in itself, is a treat for me!
© 2013 Stephanie Hicks
More by this Author
This delicious Amaretto bread pudding recipe is a family favorite for holiday meals. Enjoy this rich, delicious dessert.
The 25 best romantic movies are films about love, loss, and forgiveness. Watch one with your sweetheart or best friend.