Easy Camp Beans
This is one of my favorite camping recipes. We cook it in a pot on our gas camp stove. It would also work well in a dutch oven. I love to eat it with cheese and corn bread or with fritoes and cheese....well anything and cheese really. My mother-in-law makes the beans in a crock pot using the dried beans. I modified the recipe to make it simpler.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 extra large can or Ranch Style or regular pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- salt and peper, to taste
- grated cheese
- Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cheese) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 min.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated cheese, onions, fresh cilantro, fritoes, sour cream, and/or corn bread.
More by this Author
One of my latest cakes. Whenever I decorate a cake, one of the first questions people ask is how I managed to get the icing so smooth. Trying to get the icing perfectly smooth on a cake can be frustrating to say the...
With popular television shows like Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss, the interest in cake decorating seems to be growing. The very ambitious are enrolling in pastry schools across the world, hoping to be the next pastry...
Tips and tricks to finding the best hairstyle for your hair type and face shape.