Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
I absolutely love scalloped potatoes even though they may not be the heathiest thing for you, but for once in a while having these shouldn't hurt much. My mom always made the tastiest scalloped potatoes one day I got her to teach me how to make them. Ever since I started making them myself everyone in my house loves them and is now one of the family favorites. Hopefully it will be your families favorite too.
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Peel all of your potatoes and slice them thinly
- Peel and dice up your onions .
- Get your caserole dish and grease it
- Start layering potatoes in the bottom of the caserole dish
- Now do a layer of the diced onions. Keep repeating each layer until all the potatoes and onions are used up. Set aside
- In a sauce pan melt the margarine on medium heat setting and add the flour. Whisk and cook for one minute.
- Slowly start to add the milk while you are whisking. Keep cooking until sauce is thick. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if you choose or add a couple pinches of nutmeg. Sprinkle in a little bit of the shredded cheese, not all of it.
- Pour all of the sauce over the potatoes and spinkle all of the cheese over top.
- Place the potatoes in oven that has been preheated to 375, let cook for one hour until potatoes are nice and tender and the top has become golden.