Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage With Bacon
Growing up in Asia, I remember my mother used to serve cabbage and egg stir-fry for family dinners. Nowadays, I still love to fix this simple dish at home. But instead of using egg, I add bacon. Smoky bacon gives wonderful flavor the cabbage.
Here is how to stir-fry cabbage with bacon, a Chinese stir-fry dish with Western ingredient. Do not overcook the cabbage or you will lose its crunchiness. This is a very quick dish to fix. If you are in hurry or lack of time, you can use ready to use cabbage slaw mix.
Cabbage stir-fry with bacon is a healthy dish since cabbage is high in fiber. This simple but tasty vegetable dish will be a winner at your dinner table, even for picky eaters children. The cabbage is sweet, tender but crisp with light seasoning.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs cabbage, thinly shreds
5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper (white)
1/4 cup chicken broth
How to Fix
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, salt and ground pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the bacon in. Spread them in an even layer. Cook the bacon for 1 minute or until the bacon release its fat.
- Then stir-fry until the bacon begins to brown. Add garlic. Continue to stir-fry until garlic is fragrant.
- Throw the cabbage in and stir-fry for about 2 - 3 minutes or until it just begins to wilt.
- Pour in the broth mixture. Stir to combine. Continue to stir fry for 1 more minute or until the cabbage is tender but crisp. Transfer to serving dish.
Easy and Quick Recipes
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
How to stir-fry clams with bean sauce and spicy chili. A tasty seafood dish.
- Easy Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) Recipe
Information about Chinese broccoli (gai lan) and how to stir-fry it.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
How to fix exotic mango stir-fry dish.
- Hoisin Sauce Chicken Stir-Fried Recipe
This is a recipe from my late grandmother. An easy to fix Cantonese style chicken stir-fry with hoisin sauce.
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
How to stir-fry asparagus. Enjoy spicy vegetarian dish with Chinese seasoning.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Stir-Fried Lotus Root With Pork Recipe
How to make "cooling" stir-fry of lotus food.
Chinese Stir-Fry Cabbage
Cooking Tips: Cutting the Cabbage for Chinese Stir-fry
More by this Author
How to make Vietnamese style meatballs.
Learn how to make Vietnamese congee.
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...