Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This tasty cranberry sauce requires only 3 ingredients, and can be prepared from start to finish in just 20 minutes. The easy to follow recipe below will yield approximately 2 cups of fresh delicious cranberry sauce.
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- a spoon
- a medium saucepan
- a serving bowl
- Use a spoon to stir the granulated sugar and water together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the sugary water to a boil over high heat, and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberries, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and boil gently (stirring occasionally) for about 3 minutes (or until the cranberries pop)
- Transfer your cranberry sauce to a serving bowl.
- Serve and enjoy! Your fresh cranberry sauce may be served warm or chilled, and will be a delicious compliment to your favorite pork or poultry entree.
|Serving size: 2 tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 13 g||4%|
|Sugar 13 g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Consider one of the following add-in options for the above recipe: 1/2 cup of raisins, 1/4 cup of chopped pecans with 1/2 teaspoon of finely shredded orange peel, or 1/2 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen). Simply stir in your desired add-in after step 4. Add a bit of cinnamon and/or nutmeg as desired.
- Complete your meal with this Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe and a couple of the quick and easy side dish recipes below.
Quick and Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Easy Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
2 pounds baby carrots; peeled 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter A few dashes of salt black pepper; to taste In a large saucepan, bring enough salted water to a...
- Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
1 16 oz. package of frozen whole kernel corn 1 large sweet pepper; chopped 1/2 can of condensed cream of celery soup (approximately 5 1/2 oz.) 4 oz. cream cheese spread with garden vegetables, or...
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This flavorful mashed potato dish is the perfect side dish for your meat, poultry, or pork dish. Garlic mashed potatoes are easy to make, and this recipe can be completed from start to finish in about 30...
More by this Author
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
A tasty centerpiece for your coffee table on football Sunday!
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.