Easy Custard Style Bread Pudding with Cinnamon
Bread pudding is a good comfort-food style dessert, and a great way to use up leftover slices or stale bread. Some recipes call for the custard to be cooked before adding to the bread, and some simply call for the eggs and milk to be whisked together before adding to the bread.
This recipe uses eggs and sugar, and mixed with scaled milk that is cooled to lukewarm. Use cinnamon if desired for added flavor, or any combination of spices.
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk, scaled and cooled to lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 quart cubed bread
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and salt together.
- Add in the scalded and cooled milk. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon powder to taste.
- Place the bread cubes evenly over the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been thoroughly buttered.
- Pour the custard mixture over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until the center tests clean.
More by this Author
A matignon is a little-referred to term for an important part of cooking. It is a combination of vegetables and other flavorful ingredients (bacon and ham are two popular additions), and can be used as an ingredient or...
Biscuits are supposed to be light, fluffy, moist and at times either rich, savory or sweet. If biscuits are tough and heavy, then a few things could be the problem. Here are some reasons why biscuits may be tough or...
You don't need a special embroidery machine to do machine embroidery. Machine embroidery can be done with a standard sewing machine. Here are the steps to complete the task.