Easy Dessert Recipes: AWESOME Caramel Apple Rings
I create lots of easy desserts. These might include ice cream cakes, parfaits, trifles, or “quickie” cobblers. I’ll admit, I’m not a “sweet junkie,” so I don’t usually want to invest hours making a dessert. I am, however, married to a man with an enormous sweet tooth, so I’ve come up with a lot of easy dessert recipes to keep us both happy. Contrary to what some cooks seem to think, desserts don’t have to be complicated or time consuming to be delicious and attractive. With some good ideas and some tweaking, easy desserts can be just as appealing as their more difficult counterparts.
Easy Dessert Recipes
Why is this caramel apple ring one of my easy dessert recipes? It’s easy because it uses a couple of shortcuts. For one, you don’t have to prepare a crust – the crescent rolls take care of that. Since you’ll be using canned pie filling, there’s no peeling, slicing, or baking apples, either. I find that most canned apple pie fillings are a little on the bland side, so I add some butter, cinnamon, and ground cloves.
With some creativity, your family and guests don’t have to know that your beautiful offerings were made with easy dessert recipes. Keep it a secret and just enjoy the praises you’re sure to get! You might also want to try this easy dessert recipe with other types of pie filling, too.
I’ve always liked caramel apples. There’s something almost magical about the marriage of tart apples and sweet, rich caramel. In addition to the flavor combination, I think some people enjoy the memories associated with caramel apples – fall carnivals, county fairs, and Halloween. This easy dessert recipe I’m sharing with you today will definitely remind you of caramel apples that you might have enjoyed as a child – only this is actually easier than the caramel apple- making process. It’s a heck of a lot easier to eat, too. You won’t have to worry about pulling out your fillings!
Baked Apple Recipes
We love baked apple recipes. I especially enjoy them in the fall, when they fill the house with tantalizing aromas. Some folks like apple desserts that include raw apples, but in my opinion, the real apple flavor is better when it’s released through cooking and enhanced with spices. By the way, if you like ginger or other flavorings with your baked apple recipes, you might want to add them to this recipe. Also, if you have some leftovers from other baked apple recipes, you can use them in the apple ring instead of pie filling.
Easy Dessert Recipe
This a very easy dessert recipe! In about thirty minutes, you can have a warm, gooey, delicious dessert that practically everyone will love. You can serve it hot with ice cream, or serve it warm with a powdered sugar drizzle. Either way, it’s a real winner!
Rate my recipe! Thanks a bunch!
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel topping, (I use Smucker's)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine apple pie filling, melted butter, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Set aside.
- Cover two large, flat cookie sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Divide one can of crescent rolls into eight triangles. Form triangles into a sunburst. (See photo.) Press dough together at bases of triangles. Repeat with other can of crescent rolls.
- Spoon half of pie filling onto each dough ring, around the center hole. Drizzle pie filling with caramel topping. I use about three tablespoons of caramel for each apple ring.
- Fold points of rolls over the filling, tucking under the wide parts of triangles. Wipe away any excess caramel with paper towels.
- Bake until rolls are brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over apple rings.
- If you prefer, omit powdered sugar glaze and serve apple ring hot, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some of the remaining caramel topping.
- To tranfer apple rings to serving dishes, use two large spatulas.
More by this Author
Easy directions for making a chocolate pound cake in a cast iron skillet. Photos included!
Great tips and fun ideas for making chocolate dipped strawberries. Videos and lots of photos included.
Crabmeat is one of the most succulent and delicious of all types of flesh. In fact, it’s near the very top of my list, and I’ve spent years catching and cooking the shelled critters! I've come up with some...