Easy Eggnog Cake Recipe
Ready to whip up a delcious eggnog cake?
Eggnog isn't just for drinking.
My grandma sent me a recipe for eggnog cake, but it used a cake mix. Now, the recipe I am providing here isn't the healthiest of recipes, but it definitely has a lot less processed ingredients than a mix does.
Plus, it is the holidays: indulge in a bit of eggnog cake.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup eggnog
- Allow the butter and eggs to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before preparing the cake batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly oil a fluted cake pan (oil and flour one that isn't non-stick).
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until fluffy (a few mintues at least).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. (Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.)
- Alternately add the flour mixture and eggnog to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until combined.
- Pour batter into the preprared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for15 mintues. Remove the cake from the pan, and let cool completely on the rack.
Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or make a simple glaze.
You can also substitute the vanilla for a brandy or rum extract.
More by this Author
Getting together with friends and family is a lot of fun and creates plenty of wonderful memories. But, life is so busy these days that it is difficult to find the time to create the perfect party. How do you throw a...
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...