Easy Eggnog Cake Recipe
Ready to whip up a delcious eggnog cake?
Eggnog isn't just for drinking.
My grandma sent me a recipe for eggnog cake, but it used a cake mix. Now, the recipe I am providing here isn't the healthiest of recipes, but it definitely has a lot less processed ingredients than a mix does.
Plus, it is the holidays: indulge in a bit of eggnog cake.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup eggnog
- Allow the butter and eggs to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before preparing the cake batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly oil a fluted cake pan (oil and flour one that isn't non-stick).
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until fluffy (a few mintues at least).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. (Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.)
- Alternately add the flour mixture and eggnog to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until combined.
- Pour batter into the preprared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for15 mintues. Remove the cake from the pan, and let cool completely on the rack.
Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or make a simple glaze.
You can also substitute the vanilla for a brandy or rum extract.
More by this Author
Ginger is one of the foods that can give you a health punch because it is so full of healthy benefits for your body (and mind). Fresh ginger is best, so it is a good idea to keep some around (see below for storage...
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...