Easy Eggnog Recipe
Delicious no matter what the occasion, this easy eggnog recipe is particularly convenient during the winter holiday season. With all of the running around involved with preparing for the holidays it's nice to keep a few things simple. Whip up a quick batch of this easy eggnog, and regain some sanity before the in-laws arrive.
- How to Make Jello shots With Rum | eHow.com
Looking to make awesome Jello Shots with rum? Well look no further! Say goodbye to the plain old crappy tasting vodka Jello shot, and try my delicious rum recipes. I'll start you off with a...
- Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots Recipe
1 large (6oz) box of strawberry jello powder 1 small (3oz) box of lemon jello powder 2 cups of boiling water 2 cups of rum, chilled 1 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced (optional) In a large heat...
Ingredients (makes 7 6-ounce servings)
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 1 jigger light rum (3tbsp)
- 1 jigger bourbon (3tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- ground nutmeg
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Mix the beaten egg yolks. sugar, and milk together in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook the mixture, while stirring, over medium heat just until the mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and place it in a sink filled with ice water. Stir the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the sink. Stir in the rum, bourbon, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Serve. Ladle this Easy Eggnog into glasses, and sprinkle a bit of ground nutmeg onto each serving.
Non-Alcoholic Eggnog: Follow the recipe above, except leave out the bourbon and rum, and add an additional 1/3 cup of milk.
Low-Fat Eggnog: Follow the recipe above, except use 4 1/2 cups of fat-free half-and-half instead of the whipping cream and milk.
More by this Author
A little bit of orange juice and some sugar give the traditional martini a sweet citrus twist. Step outside the box, and use the recipe below to make this awesome martini variation. You won't be disappointed! 6...
Strawberry Daiquiris are the perfect cocktails for a hot summer day. These slushy beverages blend together sweet strawberries, spiced rum, lime juice and powdered sugar to create a cool treat that will beat the heat! ...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.