Easy French Silk Pie
Many French silk pie recipes use raw eggs. This recipe also uses eggs, but the eggs are cooked. This is important because raw eggs may contain salmonella. I have had salmonella poisoning in the past and I can tell you from my own personal experience that you do not ever want to consume raw eggs.
- One cup of heavy cream
- Six ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Four tablespoons of heavy cream
- One nine inch pie crust, cooked
- One tub of cool whip
- Add the heavy cream, chocolate, butter and sugar to a saucepan. Cook over low heat until the chocolate is melted, stir constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the saucepan. Return the pan to the heat and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan form the heat and add the four tablespoons of heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice for about 20 minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Place the mixture into a mixing bowl. Beat the chocolate with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. If the mixture is too thick, add a few tablespoons of heavy cream and use the electric mixer on medium setting for about one minute.
- Spread the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Spread cool whip on top of the pie just before serving.
More by this Author
This vanilla mousse recipe is creamy and delicious. This recipe does not use raw eggs like many other recipes do because consuming raw eggs can be dangerous. Frequently, eggs are found to be contaminated with...
Flavio Ensiki via Flickr This is a recipe for an Oreo cheesecake, one of the quick easy desserts I like to to make. It is best to make this the day before, so that it has ample time to cool. If you are making it the...
Learn how to make great dirt cake!