Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This flavorful mashed potato dish is the perfect side dish for your meat, poultry, or pork dish. Garlic mashed potatoes are easy to make, and this recipe can be completed from start to finish in about 30 minutes!
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold, russet, or other baking potatoes; peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves; peeled
- approximately 5 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- margarine or butter (optional)
- In a large saucepan, boil enough water to cover the potatoes, garlic cloves, and salt.
- Cook the potatoes, garlic, and salt in the boiling water for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, and drain.
- Beat the potatoes and garlic with an electric mixer set on low speed, or mash with a potato masher.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Slowly beat in enough milk to make the mashed potatoes your desired fluffiness.
- Enjoy! Serve with butter or margarine if desired. Feel free to try some of my other easy side dish recipes listed below. Working all day is hard, putting an edible meal on the table shouldn't be!
- Easy Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
1 16 oz. package of frozen whole kernel corn 1 large sweet pepper; chopped 1/2 can of condensed cream of celery soup (approximately 5 1/2 oz.) 4 oz. cream cheese spread with garden vegetables, or...
- Easy Brown Sugar-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
2 pounds baby carrots; peeled 2 tablespoons of brown sugar 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter A few dashes of salt black pepper; to taste In a large saucepan, bring enough salted water to a...
- Easy Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This easy cranberry sauce recipe only requires 3 ingredients, and takes only 20 minutes to prepare. This recipe will yield approximately 4 cups of fresh delicious cranberry sauce. 4 ups of cranberries (16...
- Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Prep Time: 30 minutes Fry Time: 3 minutes per pound Yields: 10-15 servings, plus leftovers 1 8-12 pound turkey 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika 1/2 tablespoon salt 3/4...
More by this Author
If you like Alfredo sauce as much as I do, you have got to try this recipe! This is the absolute best Alfredo sauce recipe you will ever find. This delicious pasta sauce is so simple to make, and takes only about...
A tasty centerpiece for your coffee table on football Sunday!
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.