Easy Gourmet Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Gourmet Asparagus Recipe
- Fresh asparagus spears with the bottoms removed
- Truffle salt or seasoned salt
- Premium olive oil
Set the oven to 375 and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
Oven roasted asparagus instructions
There is just about nothing easier to cook than roasted asparagus with a little olive oil and salt. Here are the steps to my super simple gourmet asparagus recipe.
1. Start with fresh asparagus. It's always a good idea to wash fresh vegetables, so run the asparagus under cool water to clean. It's not uncommon for bits of grit to get on asparagus, so take your time cleaning it.
2. Cut about one to two inches from the bottom of the asparagus spears. The bottoms are tough and chewy and don't taste good. Then throw the bottoms out. You may find trimmed asparagus in the grocery store. It's a bit more expensive, but a fine way to go, although I usually select an untrimmed bunch.
Oven Roasted Asparagus Step by Step
3. To prepare the asparagus to roast, set your over at 375 degrees and preheat it. Most ovens take a few minutes to heat up, and timing with asparagus is critical when you're serving with a large meal. I love to eat asparagus with bbq beef ribs or bbq pork. When I pull the meat off the girl, I let the meat rest while the asparagus cooks. As soon as the asparagus is done, it's time to eat. It's really important to serve the asparagus when it comes out of the oven.
4. Place the asparagus spears on a baking sheet, preferably one with a lip. Asparagus spears will roll a round if you don't hold the baking sheet flat, that why the lip is really handy to keep the asparagus on the sheet.
5. Seasoning asparagus is very easy. Take some olive oil and drizzle over the top. The olive oil is really just for taste and prevents the asparagus from burning a bit. Although, asparagus has quite a bit of moisture in it. Next, lightly sprinkle with truffle salt. Truffle salt is what is going to give it the gourmet flavor.
6. Cooking asparagus to the right doneness level is the most challenging part to cooking asparagus. Cook it too little and it's too hard. Cook it too much and it's stringy dried out mess. Asparagus should be cooked through, but a little firm to be cooked perfectly. I typically cook it for 15 minutes in a well heated oven in the middle rack. Then I take a bite of one to see if it needs more cooking. If you taste it, be careful since it will most likely be very hot.
Now that the asparagus is done cooking, it's time to eat. I always say, the vegetables should be the last thing ready when preparing a dinner. It's critical that they are served hot.
More by this Author
Barbecuing filet mignon is a science. Here is how to grill perfectly cooked steak every time that tastes and looks fantastic.
Instructions on how to clean a dove, quail squab or other small birds by removing the breast meat.
Suggestions from kids, parents, and friends on what to get an eight-year-old girl for her birthday.