Easy Hamburger Casserole
This easy one pot casserole makes a nice hearty and economical dish that works great for growing families and big eaters. I use a large electric skillet when I make this dish, this allows me to cook everything together and save on pots and pans.
1.5 pounds of ground beef
4 pounds of red potatoes - peeled and thinly sliced
1 large can cream of mushroom soup - + 3/4 of a soup can of milk.
1 med onion - chopped
1 pkg. frozen peas
3 TBS. butter
3 TBS sour cream
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
* Black pepper and Lawrys seasoning salt
1. On medium heat brown your ground beef, onions and potatoes in the 3 TBS of butter. To do this I put the ground beef and onions in one end of the pan and the potatoes in the other.
2. Once the ground beef is browned you can then mix it together with the potatoes.
3. Add the peas, milk and mushroom soup to the potato mix and blend well. Adjust the heat to low,cover and allow to simmer for approx. 30 minutes making sure to stir from time to time.
4. Add the sour cream, minced garlic, seasonings and serve.
* Makes approx. 6-8 servings.