5 Easy-To-Make Italian Dishes
5 Easy To Make Italian Dishes
I am a working mom and have a really tight schedule to prepare food. Good thing, I have my husband to cook for me, nice huh. He cooks really yummy Italian dishes that is easy to prepare. Also, since I can get my chance to prepare food during weekends, I joined a cooking club to get fresh ideas that I will share here as well.
Pesto Pasta with Tuna special
This is rich in protein.
200 g bow tie pasta or spaghetti, cooked
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can tuna in natural oil
1 pc medium sized onion, sliced into small pieces
1 bottle pesto
1 tbsp olive oil
- Sauté garlic, onion, pesto and tuna in olive oil. Set aside
- Prepare cooked pasta in a bowl.
- Add the sauteed ingredients in the cooked pasta then add salt and pepper. Mix until it's equally distributed, then serve.
Chicken A La Cacciatore Pasta
This dish is good for the eye as it contains Vitamin A.
200 g Spaghetti, cooked
200 g Chicken Breast Fillet, cut into big strips
1/2 tsp iodized fine salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp margarine
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pc medium onion, diced
1/3 cup canned button mushrooms, each piece cut into 4 wedges
1 pc medium red bell pepper, diced
10 pc black pitted olives, sliced thinly
1/4 cup water
1 pouch Italian style spaghetti sauce (salt to taste)
1/3 cup coarsely grated quickmelt cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat pan with margarine. Pan-grill chicken until brown on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, and olives for 5 minutes. Add water, Italian style spaghetti sauce, chicken, and salt. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cheese. Pour over cooked spaghetti. Top with extra cheese if desired.
Beef and Pasta Au Gratin
Good source of Lysine which promotes growth in the young.
200 g shell macaroni, cooked
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, mixed with
1/2 cup grated quick melt cheese
1/8 tsp iodized fine salt
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 pc medium onion, chopped
150 g ground beef
1 pouch spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup water
1-1/2 cups spinach leaves
1-1/2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- While still hot, combine macaroni with milk, half of cheese and salt. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion for 3 minutes. Add beef then sauté for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add spinach. Set aside.
- Mix half of sauteed spaghetti sauce with cooked macaroni. Arrange half of macaroni at the bottom of 7" x 7" pan. Sprinkle with half of cheese.
- Pour remaining macaroni over cheese then top with sauce and cheese. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Cover with foil then bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Rich in Vitamin B1 which prevents beriberi.
2 tbsp margarine
200 g elbow macaroni
1 pouch sweet style spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup evaporated milk
100 g quickmelt cheese, coarsely grated
- Melt margarine in pan. Add elbow macaroni, spaghetti sauce, 2/3 tsp iodized salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water. Allow to boil, then simmer for 12 minutes. Stir in milk and cheese. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until cheese melt.
Bread and Dip
Rich in Vitamin B2 which is essential for growth and production of red blood cells.
1 can Spaghetti Meat Sauce
10 pc sliced bread, each piece cut into 4 triangles
1/2 cup coarsely grated quickmelt cheese
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 pc egg, beaten
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp snipped parsley
- Coating: dissolve flour in 1/4 cup water. Add 1/4 cup of spaghetti meat sauce and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Dip (do not soak) each bread slice in coating mixture just enough to dampen both sides. Fry until just browned turning only once. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat remaining spaghetti meat sauce with cheese. Simmer until cheese melts. Serve as dip for bread slices.
More by this Author
This hub outlines 10 of the most popular things that people are interested in collecting. Read through and you might find your collection in the list.
Get rid of acute stiff neck by following 5 easy steps. These steps will help ease the pain and stiffness. If pain persists, immediate medical attention is recommended.
Visiting the Philippines, particularly Metro Manila? Try going to Las Pinas and find out what the greenest and cleanest city in Metro Manila could offer.